Author Topic: Best mis-heard cable lyric.  (Read 30315 times)

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: Best mis-heard cable lyric.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 06:58:28 pm »
Its something like "I locked the front door from the inside, threw the key from the top of a vertical incline. Impacts with no bounce at all, you can't rob banks with your pockets so small" You were very close though ... apart from the wanking stuff.

The Cable songs that have always annoyed me with their impenetrable lyrics are -

1 Horse Drawn And Quatered - I have never been able to work out one single word in this song. I remember Pete saying that one Cable song says "death to Alan Mcgee" in the chorus and i think it might be this one.

2 Electro Gazelle - Seriously, what the fuck is he saying over and over near the end of the song? It sounds like Mappering everyday but thats clearly retarded and wrong.

3 Oubliette - I know roughly 9/10 words in this whole song

4 Apparently - Apart from "yeah i'm lost on the ground, you should see what i have found" and "and you can't see past yourself" i don't know any of the words in this song and i'm not even sure that any of those are right.

When we started the lyrics thread pretty much all of the songs got done except these, so it would seem that everyone else is unsure about these also

Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

JamesVoltage

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:59 pm »
Its something like "I locked the front door from the inside, threw the key from the top of a vertical incline. Impacts with no bounce at all, you can't rob banks with your pockets so small" You were very close though ... apart from the wanking stuff.

The Cable songs that have always annoyed me with their impenetrable lyrics are -

1 Horse Drawn And Quatered - I have never been able to work out one single word in this song. I remember Pete saying that one Cable song says "death to Alan Mcgee" in the chorus and i think it might be this one.

2 Electro Gazelle - Seriously, what the fuck is he saying over and over near the end of the song? It sounds like Mappering everyday but thats clearly retarded and wrong.

3 Oubliette - I know roughly 9/10 words in this whole song

4 Apparently - Apart from "yeah i'm lost on the ground, you should see what i have found" and "and you can't see past yourself" i don't know any of the words in this song and i'm not even sure that any of those are right.

When we started the lyrics thread pretty much all of the songs got done except these, so it would seem that everyone else is unsure about these also

Isn't Electro Gazelle 'Mad for it every day'? I always thought that song was about Oasis and their fans: 'Listening with their ears closed, swaggering through the cloud'.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 12:46:54 pm »
That would make sense
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder