Author Topic: London gig  (Read 33530 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: London gig
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 02:11:52 pm »
You all know that Cable recorded last nights show :)

Last night was ace. Best show they've done since reforming.

... And what an opener!!!

Also I wonder what is next for them?

I didn't spot that but I hope you are right and that they see it fit to release it in some form, it was such a well selected and played set of songs that it would make for a brilliant official release and also a great way to celebrate what was quite simply an amazing night.

I'm just thinking how when this forum started it was around the time of the tribute album and now 7 years later cable actually played for us again, would any of us have thought this would have happened back then?  I'm so glad we were all treated to these songs live again.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 09:29:51 pm »
A live album would be a great way for them to release something new. I won't expect to hear any new Cable material anytime soon (it would be great if it happened) but a live album would be a great way of seeing how many people are still want to hear new Cable releases, keep fans happy with the release of one of the reunion shows on CD and make some money. They could even self - release it to save money.

I don't know if there will ever be any new Cable releases but a live album would be a nice start
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

tattooedfeathers

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 10:18:16 pm »
A live album would be a great way for them to release something new. I won't expect to hear any new Cable material anytime soon (it would be great if it happened) but a live album would be a great way of seeing how many people are still want to hear new Cable releases, keep fans happy with the release of one of the reunion shows on CD and make some money. They could even self - release it to save money.

I don't know if there will ever be any new Cable releases but a live album would be a nice start

And so say all of us!

For selfish reasons,id like them to release the derby gig live as I missed the Garage, but either way, it would be a cd that captures the atmosphere generated by fans getting their kicks from a band that no other can give them.

Can you imagine the excitment of opening a new cable cd, with those card inserts hidden behind the front cover of a self designed sleeve - all the little things ey, pure class!

daryltaylor

• God Gave Me Gravity
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 11:20:39 pm »
New Cable or live stuff would be great to have. I've bought stuff off Pledge Music before where we pay for what the band put up so they don't have to use a record label. The band get the money up front & make some themselves. We get exclusive stuff & hopefully the band make enough money to keep going!

rp61

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 03:52:28 am »
I'm sad to say I had no idea about these reunion shows until about 2 weeks ago.
Only ever got to see them once before when they played Liverpool in 1998, I turned a friend onto them around the same time and totally loves them, but hates the fact he missed the opportunity to see them with me that night, as I went to see them on my own. We would have both travelled to see them at one of these reunion shows, in fact i'm still a bit pissed off that such news did not reach me until recently...

Anyway, it's been great to see lots of footage from some of the shows on YouTube, awesome.
It's also good to hear a show may have been recorded, hope there are plans for a release.
I'm actually surprised though that no-one appears to have taped from the audience, well,
i've not seen anything being circulated at this time anyway...

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:42 pm »
At the Garage show there was a fuck ton of people in the crowd taping it. Don't know if any of it will get uploaded to youtube but there were a LOT of people taping. Out of all the shows the one at the garage was the tightest so if any or all of the show got released it would probably be that one.

rp61

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 01:10:08 am »
At the Garage show there was a fuck ton of people in the crowd taping it. Don't know if any of it will get uploaded to youtube but there were a LOT of people taping. Out of all the shows the one at the garage was the tightest so if any or all of the show got released it would probably be that one.
Cool! Hopefully someone might share their recording on Dime some day...

mogwai

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 01:05:25 pm »
Well, it's been a month since what was one of THE gigs of my life and it is still impossible for me to put into words quite what an event it was. Derby was a great gig (and a brilliant day/night away from the smoke) and the support slots were a chance to get another hit of Cable but the Garage gig.....no superlatives suffice.

Good to meet Damon and Si, top guys, lets hope we have another chance to meet.

Cable must, MUST play again..........please.

Rowan.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »
Was a pleasure to meet you too. Thanks for letting me hang out with you and your family, i had to do all the gigs on my own so it was nice to have people to sing along with.