Author Topic: Marks out of ten for each track off the new Cable tribute album  (Read 72451 times)

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Marks out of ten for each track off the new Cable tribute album
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2006, 03:13:40 pm »
Did this one for Rock Sound. It was a 200 worder which should, fingers crossed, mean a lead review.

Basically elaborated a bit further on what i said in my last post, and what you just said, about how the record is more about paying tribute to Cable than the actual versions themselves. That's been my point of view since I first heard about the record anyway so just built on that.

I was complimentary anyway and managed to get sublingual.co.uk in there for the band link too!

Everyone's a winner! :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 03:20:37 pm by ChrisH »

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2006, 03:26:23 pm »
I am really hoping that the CD will make people revisit their Cable albums and introduce the band to new people, I have been fortunate enough to hear a few of the tracks that haven?t appeared on Myspace yet and like Chris I find the album really hit and miss but am I going to buy it ?? FUCK YEAH!

When I started this site I did so because I loved Cable and couldn?t understand why there were no sites out there dedicated to the band, the making of the tribute CD coincided with this site being made and since SubLingual.co.uk went live I?ve been amazed at the fan base still out there for the band.

I doubt Cable will ever reform but I do hope that the tribute album brings them some of the respect they so rightly deserve.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2006, 04:52:27 pm »
Right on dudes, of course il be buying it too.  Cable deserve so much respect for the music they made, i could never understand why they were never bigger, its simple, they were one of the best bands of their time, i dare anyone to listen to them and not have a thirst for more.  And i reckon this album will bring a few more fans,  and it gives the old fans something to relish.  When i listen to them now, it reminds me of how much i miss them still being around.

Si

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2006, 10:04:48 pm »
Right on dudes, of course il be buying it too.  Cable deserve so much respect for the music they made, i could never understand why they were never bigger, its simple, they were one of the best bands of their time, i dare anyone to listen to them and not have a thirst for more.  And i reckon this album will bring a few more fans,  and it gives the old fans something to relish.  When i listen to them now, it reminds me of how much i miss them still being around.
Couldn't have put it better myself  :)

siganturetune

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2006, 10:58:17 am »
Tom Vek track up now!!!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 09:47:06 am »
I think myspace is up to its old tricks, i havent been able to get the last 2 tracks to load. Well i did get BBAB to load for about 30 seconds.  Not long till the cd's out anyway.

siganturetune

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 10:31:52 am »
yeah, i know about this. im giving it till 12 today to work then i'll re-load.....think it just needs a while to sort itself out...
someone needs to invent a myspace alternative that actually works!

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2006, 01:50:03 pm »
Check out this month's Rock Sound for my review on the rekid peeps.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:02:09 pm by ChrisH »

gurdak

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2006, 10:20:37 pm »
bah! i've given up on the myspace actually loading up>:( but ach well just a couple of weeks and i'll have the cd. I guess i can wait that long.

siganturetune

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2006, 04:08:32 pm »
I cant seem to get it to wok. Im doing it from my work machine ecause of the problems with my flat, and it seems to stem from that.
hopefully i'll be back in next week so what i will do is let  this one run for another week. but i'll keep you updated...
Yup, rock sound review is ace, im gonna post it up here when i get a cahnce to sacn/transcribe it, but if anyone has it already go ahead!

gurdak

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2006, 02:22:02 pm »
finally managed to listen to the tom vek. Its cos i was using (durrrrrrrr) IE  :o Loaded it up in Mozilla and it worked fine first time.
 Have to say i was kindof hoping for a bit more from tom vek, changing the timing of the tune certainly hasnt done anything for it and other than that it's just a pretty much straight cover.

Rick Wakeman

• BOMBSITE
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2006, 01:21:55 am »
Hope you don't mind signaturetune, but as a lot of people (including myself) have had problems listening to the Tom Vek track, when I did finally get to hear it I ripped it and uploaded it here.  There are a few glitches in the sound, but that's Myspace's fault  ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:23:31 am by Rick Wakeman »

Si

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2006, 07:59:15 am »
I think Tom Vek's cover is the worst I have heard so far off the album. Any sense of decent rhythm has been ripped out the song, all that's left is a pile of 'Ou I think i'm sooo alternative' cr*p

siganturetune

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2006, 02:40:41 pm »
Is the enw song working for anyone yet? I cant really tell on my MAC....

gurdak

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2006, 04:18:20 pm »
out of interest rick what did you use to rip the song?