Cable Discussion > General Cable Discussion

London gig

<< < (2/5) > >>

Damon:
You got a set list?!? Thats fucking tits, very jelous. When i saw them play back in 98 as a teenager i asked one of the venue staff if i could get one of the set list's and as he handed it to me someone behind me in the crowd grabbed it before i could. I spotted Dan from A last night but didn't realise some of the guys from Hundred Reasons were there too.

BoXofSlicE:
I think last night topped the derby gig cable were fantastic!  Felt like I was on there two minutes though before having  to get last bus back.

Maybe I was abit knackered by the end of the set but when they came back out I thought they were about to play a new song before freeze the Atlantic kicked in, started getting excited! Hopefully we get to do this all over again soon!

Damon:
The band were much tighter last night then they were at Derby but the Derby show was their first one in 13 years and there was so much love in the room that night. I arrived 10 minutes before they went on and managed to get to the very front and the entire room sang along to every song. The Derby show was a little sloppy but it was just such a special night and i honestly don't think any gig will ever top it for me. Derby was filled with floods and the 5 hour drive was exhausting but i wouldn't have missed it for the world.

As i was walking out of the Derby show i took my phone out and posted "Motherfucking Cable" on facebook, by the time i got back to my hotel Pete had liked it and asked what i had thought of the show, which made me smile.

It took me 3 and a half hours to drive back to Portsmouth so i can't imagine how long it took you to get the bus back to Derby

colderclimate:
I took a friend of mine along last night to see what I had been banging on about for a couple of months since the HR shows.. not normally his kettle of fish but he enjoyed it. Still, I had a thought.. this was what, their 5th gig in the last 14 years? I know if you're a professional musician you probably never totally forget but I was very impressed by that show.. probably the biggest headlining show I've seen them do and it sounded great - credit to the Garage I suppose!

As for HR, yeah.. Ben and Larry were there - Ben was helping set up Richie's kit just before they came on which was a bit weird to see. I was just about hoping for some "get your mates along" guest appearance but they kept this one slick unlike the batshit crazy end of the Dingwalls show.

BoXofSlicE:
4 hours on the bus, an hour of that is getting out of London then straight up m1 with a detour to Leicester.  It's not too bad but I left straight after the gig to get bus and walked through my door at 3.50 this morning. Glad I had no plans today! Annoying that there are no late trains

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version