General Non-Cable Stuff > General music Discussion

Who do you listen to other than Cable?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Greg:
Alright there,
                    The Thing with Squarepusher is he, (His name is Tom Jenkinson) his music is dievese and kinda has earras. The album I would go for is called 'Music Rotted One Note' Its the one Radiohead ripped of with Kid A and the other electrica album they did.

Its pretty far out on first listen so don't put it on all in one go (unless your brave). I would start with the track 'My Sound' then work though the album as normal. You have to sort of desencertise to his music and when you do you'll realise he's a genuis!

Hope that helps

Greg. 

Tim:
This month I have mostly been listening to:

Soulwax - Nite Versions
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
Future ex-Wife - Miss September / While Your Husbands Away
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
The Wonder Stuff - Escape From Rubbish Island
Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die
They Might Be Giants - A User's Guide To...
Winnebago Deal - Flight Of The Raven
Lowgold - Keep Music Miserable
Mclusky - Mcluskyism
Tool - 10,000 Days
gohomeproductions - various mash-ups

Cheers
Tim

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy, Tim!

That's quite a mix there and a couple of bands I've never heard of (Lowgold and gohomeproductions) which I will have to check out!

Tenuous link, but I was gonna get the new Tool album until I saw Tool at Download festival.  The singer (Maynard James Keenan or something like that?) was such a jerk - I felt like he treated everyone with such contempt, he seemed to be in serious danger of disappearing up his own arse!  So I refuse to buy their album as a protest - I don't wanna line their pockets!  That said, I do actually enjoy Tool.  Maybe I will get 10000 days after all!

Greg - thanks for the info on Squarepusher but I asked about Soundgarden! PMSL!  Never mind, mate.  I'm gonna track down some Squarepusher anyway since you went to the effort of telling me about him.  Cheers, man.

Thanks, guys,

Corporate_Automaton

Greg:
Hello Corporate,
                         If your going to get any Soundgarden albums get 'Superunknown' its a classic. Thats one of my favourite albums ever. I'm going to Leeds this weekend Really looking forward to see Pearl Jam Matt Cameron is playing drums for them. It got to be great!!

Nice one

Greg.

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy, Greg!

Cheers for that, buddy!  I'll get hold of copies of 'Music Rotted One Note' and 'Superunknown' and let you know how I get on with them.

I'd forgotten it was the Reading/Leeds time of year again!  I was considering going to Reading this year but decided that there weren't really enough bands I'd wanna see to justify it this year so I went to Download instead.  Are you heading off for Leeds today?  Have a great time there, dude!

Cheers, mate 8)

Corporate_Automaton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version