Author Topic: Who do you listen to other than Cable?  (Read 32807 times)

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: Who do you listen to other than Cable?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 07:00:09 pm »
I saw Rage Against The Machine at Reading, was amazing to see them. Also saw Slipknot there too ... i found them quite amusing

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Corporate_Automaton

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 09:24:57 am »
Ahoy!

I'm a relative noob to festivals - my first Reading was 2002 but that was a sweet line-up: Jane's Addiction, 'A', Foo Fighters, NOFX, Dillinger Escape Plan, etc!  Slipknot were there too.  I've never been quite sure about their music but their live show is always interesting!

Damon, the 1995 Reading must have been amazing - the Foo Fighters set in particular is supposed to be pretty legendary.  I don't suppose anyone was there the year of the famous bottling of Daphne and Celeste (was it 2000?)?  Now that would've been something to see!

Maybe next year when Glastonbury's back, Reading will focus more on its usual less-trendy/more-rocky line-up.  Here's hoping!

Thanks, guys,

Corporate_Automaton

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 01:29:01 pm »
The foo Fighters show I remember very well, they had to keep stopping as people were climbing up the tents pole's and rope's to get a better view and the tent was dangerously close to collapsing whilst people at the front were getting crushed. It was the Foo?s first UK show and someone had the brainwave of sticking them in the NME tent.

Green day had to stop abruptly mid song when a huge section of the crowd fell over and people were getting crushed, they really impressed me when I saw them back then sadly they have now become Jon Von Jovi. I remember Falling in love with Deus on the first day and the Butthole Surfers front man Gibby telling the crowd to throw mud at Weezer when they came on later in the day.

I went up for the last day in? I think it was 2004, Green Day were headlining and 50 Cent got bottled off. I check the line up every year but it just gets more and more commercial, this the festival that had Nirvana on the main stage before anyone knew who they were.

Maybe next year they will have a better line up, I just that for now it?s going to be a while until we see line up?s like we did ten or so years ago.

Damon

Rob

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 09:09:14 pm »
i conveniently have a list available to copy and paste for these occasions. here it is.

65daysofstatic, 93 Million Miles, A Perfect Circle, A-ha, Alanis Morissette, Appleseed Cast, Ash, At The Drive-In, Battles, Bear Vs. Shark, Beth Orton, Billy Talent, Bj?rk, Bloc Party, Bluetip, Bonnie Tyler, Boy Sets Fire, Brand New, Brandtson, Brazil, Bush, Cable, Camber, Camden, Cave In, Centaur, Chevelle, Coheed And Cambria, Coldplay, Cross My Heart, Daniel Bedingfield, David Bowie, Days Ago, Death Cab For Cutie, Deftones, Depeche Mode, Dire Straits, Downward Thing, Dragonflies Draw Flame, Dredg, Drowningman, Duran Duran, Editors, Ef, Elastica, Elbow, Electric Six, Failure, Faith No More, Far, Feeder, Felusia:End, Filter, Fireside, Fixit Kid, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Forever Until October, Fugazi, Garbage, Garrison, Girls Aloud, Glassjaw, Go West, Gorilla, Grade, Handsome, Head Automatica, Helmet, Hitechjet, Hole, Hot Water Music, Hum, Human Waste Project, Hundred Reasons, Incubus, Interpol, INXS, Isis, Jetpak, Jimmy Eat World, Joy Division, Karate, Kate Bush, Kid Kilowatt, Kids Near Water, Knives, Kraftwerk, Like Hurricane, Lostprophets, Low, Lower Forty-Eight, Madonna, Mastodon, Melt-Banana, Melvins, Michael Jackson, M?nus, Muse, My Awesome Compilation, N.E.R.D., New Order, Nirvana, No Doubt, Oasis, Orange 9mm, Pachinos, Panic! At The Disco, Pelican, Pink Floyd, Pitchshifter, PJ Harvey, Placebo, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Plans And Apologies, Queen, Queens Of The Stone Age, Quicksand, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, Randy, Refused, Replicants, Revolvo, Rival Schools, Samiam, Sense Field, Seven Story Mountain, Shellac, Shots Fired, Shudder To Think, Silent Drive, Silverchair, Slint, Smashing Pumpkins, Snapcase, Someday I, Something Corporate, Soulwax, Sparta, Sunny Day Real Estate, Sunshine, System Of A Down, Talk Talk, Talking Heads, Terrorvision, Texas Is The Reason, Text, The Arcade Fire, The Cardigans, The Chemical Brothers, The Crownhate Ruin, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Fall Of Troy, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Mars Volta, The Police, The Postal Service, The Rise, The Used, Therapy?, Thursday, Tinfed, Tomahawk, Tool, Tori Amos, Tribute To Nothing, U2, Understand, UNKLE, Vex Red, Vision Of Disorder, Waterdown, Weezer, Will Haven, Year Of The Rabbit, You Judas.
Open doors, open doors; all the simple things are yours.

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:52 am »
Ahoy!

LOL!  I like the list idea - it's in handy alphabetical order too!  I'll have to make my own!

There's plenty of variety in there. Definitely some surprises - A-ha and Daniel Bedingfield I didn't expect!

I see Faith No More and Tomahawk, but no Mr. Bungle?  Are you not a Bungle fan or have you just not discovered them yet?  If not, I recommend you go and treat your ears to a Mr. Bungle album today!

What did you think of Vision of Disorder's 'From Bliss to Devastation'?  I absolutely loved it (definitely one of my all time favourite albums) but I know it divided opinions (i.e. most fans hated it!).

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Si

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 10:29:14 pm »
I was a grunge kid, liked Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins. RATM, Alice in Chains (YUK!).
Don't listen to much nowadays other than cable, although I do like a bit of the old 'Incredible String Band' now and then.

dandandan

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 11:06:23 pm »
recently I have been moving to:-
empire state games
mineral
m ward
nina nastascia
the lawrence arms
built to spill
dntel
hot snakes
final fantasy
joanna newsom
and of course the high fidelity soundtrack.

PlacidCasual

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 11:40:55 am »
Okay so im bunged up with flu which explains why im up so early on a Saturday morning.  Just thought id update on what aces stuff ive been listening the last wee while. All comes highly recommended. And yes i am bored.

Brothers In sound - Family is for sharing
Nightmares On Wax - Smokers Delight
Swounds myspace tunes  ;)
Underworld - Everything Everything
Pixies live in newport dvd (acoustic set)

Right im away for a fry up now, my stomachs making noises.

gurdak

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 07:20:07 pm »
rob that list came straight off your myspace page didn't it  ;D
This week oi've been mostly listening to
beck
the black keys
the stone roses
at the drive in

Rick Wakeman

• BOMBSITE
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 09:54:30 pm »
I've been listening to Hundred Reasons, who are apparently big Cable fans.  I was due to see them live next week but the gig's been postponed until January.   :(

superhorse

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 08:06:23 pm »
I listen almost exclusively to drum & bass these days, strange as it may seem on a Cable forum, also other electronic and ambient stuff like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, DJ Shadow, Boards of Canada, Orbital...

Bands I still listen to include Fugazi, Pixies, Smiths, Breeders, Belly, Ligament, Prolapse, REM, dEUS, Whipping Boy, Bitch Magnet, Evens, Part Chimp, GVSB, Futureheads, Sleater-Kinney, Q and not U, Big Black...

PlacidCasual

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 02:46:40 pm »
I like drum n bass too, and i definately like orbital! Seen them live years ago and ive seen phil hartnoll dj a couple of times dropping some great funky breaks! He was a really down to earth guy, and came down and danced with the crowd when speedy j came on after him.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 07:32:06 pm »

My list has grown a little in the last year so thought I?d update it a little ? Pixies,
Your Code Name Is Milo, Reuben, Beastie Boys, Biffy Clyro, The Breeders, The Butthole Surfers, Cable (obviously), Frank Turner, Deus, Frank Turner, Helmet, Juliana Hatfield, Mad Capsule Markets, Nirvana, Polysics, Queen Adreena, Primus, Radiohead, Richard Cheese, Sleater Kinney, Sonic Youth, Soulwax, Stone Temple Pilots, The Beatles, The Jam, The Pillows, The Sex Pistols, Smashing Pumpkins, The Vines, At The Drive In, Daisy Chainsaw, Eels, Kaki King, Nine Inch Nails, Pavement, The Smiths, The Specials, Velvet Underground, The Who and Tool ... plus all the others i forgot.

So come on, someone reccomend me some music.

Damon

PlacidCasual

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 12:58:24 pm »
Dawn Of The Replicants are a must! Seriously good band, i recommend any one of their albums.

Been listening mostly to Super Furries, Mogwai, Arab Strap, The Twilight Sad and Nine Inch Nails.