General Non-Cable Stuff > General music Discussion

Who do you listen to other than Cable?

<< < (3/6) > >>

PlacidCasual:
Well a little of what ive been listening to this week is

Super Furry Animals - Radiator
Speedy J - Loudboxer (Really hard buzzing techno)
Gruff Rhys - Yr Atal Genhedlaeth
Inland Knights - Family Duels
CHi - Sincerity is a boy called del - Long defunct Edinburgh indie / Punk band that supported Cable amongst others

And mixing  loads of house / techno 12"'s on the decks

Greg:
Alright Corprate,
                          I went to Leeds. It was good, I think the Radio One tent was banging this year I saw Metric who  are ace and probably my favrouite band I descovered this year. Saw Forward Russia (Its funny whatching your friends on a stage that big). I had to whatch Slayer they were good, Placebo were slick as and Pearl Jam were on fire and from what I've seen of the other headliners they blow everyone else off stage. The reason why I say this is because they don't need loads of big flashing lights and smoke and Backing tracks to make them sound good and to put on a good show.

Coroprate you did the right thing, I only went on Friday as they were alot of rubish on the rest of the weekend. The two other bands I would have liked to seen were The Cribs and The Research, I always support my friends.

Hope everyones well

Greg.

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy, Greg!

I'm glad that you enjoyed Leeds.  I saw a bit of Reading on BBC 2 on Sunday night (or possibly Saturday?  I forget...) and I think I made the right decision not going - it seems like Reading/Leeds were riding the crest of this indie wave that's going on at the moment and so all of the bands I saw televised were proper indie shite - apart from Pearl Jam and Slayer! 

I think that Reading/Leeds toned down the rock a bit this year to appeal to the people who would've gone to Glastonbury and, in doing so, put off the people who would normally go (i.e. Me!).  Oh well, I guess they've gotta sell tickets!

I agree with you about not needing flashing lights, smoke, etc. to put on a good show - mostly, if people put on shows full of smoke and pyrotechnics, it means their music isn't all that great (Rammstein, I'm looking in your direction!).

Take care, mate

Corporate_Automaton

Damon:
Reading has slowly become a mainstream/indie festival, I saw so many great bands there over the years but it does seem to concentrate on what?s big at the time rather than anything else these days and this was my second year of not going.

My first year there was 95 and they had Juliana Hatfield, Beck, Deus, The Butthole Surfers, The Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, The Foo Fighters, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Neil Young (back by Pearl Jam no less), Pavement, Bjork amongst others why haven?t we had a line up like that in recent years?

Damon

Greg:
Hi Damon,
               In answer to your question I have no idea?. The first Leeds festival I went to was ace the line up on the main stage had Rage against the mashine Def Tones Slipknot Beck "A" Gomez Etc.. I wonder if it has something to do with not many big bands have albums out at the moment.

I would have loved to have gone to Reading 95 with that lineup Smashing Pumpkins Soundgarden Beck WOW. Something to see for sure.!

Hope everyones well

Greg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version