General Non-Cable Stuff > General music Discussion

Who do you listen to other than Cable?

(1/6) > >>

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy!

In an attempt to open the forum up a bit so that each thread doesn't end up as a 'when are Cable going to reform?!!' thread (although that's what we're all here to found out!), I thought I'd ask what bands people listen to other than Cable?

My favourite bands (other than Cable, of course) include: Mr. Bungle, Vision of Disorder, Faith No More,  Emperor and Primus.  A nice blend of genres there I think, from Rock to Hardcore to Black Metal!!

So what about you other guys?  What bands do you listen to other than Cable?

Cheers,

Corporate_Automaton

Greg:
Alright mate,
                   Good Question. I listen to a lots of music, This is what's been in my CD player this month
Soundgarden 'Superunknown'
Smashing Pumpkin, tracks off many differnent albums
The Police 'Synchronicity' and 'Zenyatta Mondatta' and 'Reggatta De Blanc'
Bill Frisell 'Brill Frisell Live'
Herbbie Handcock 'Empyrean Isles'
Kelly Joe Phelps 'Slingshot Professtionals'
Squarepusher 'Music Rotted one note' and 'Budakhan Mindphone'
The Cinamatic Orchestra 'Everyday'
Refused 'Shape of Punk to Come' (Checkout there DVD its amazing)
Thom York ' The Eraser'
And loads of stuff on Myspace

Thats it really

Greg.

Damon:
I love Helmet, Reuben, Sleater Kinney, Sonic Youth, and the Pixies to name a few. My own band plus maintaining this site doesn't leave me as much time to listen to music as i used to but i can still listen to stuff in the car or whilst adding content to SubLingual.

Damon!

PlacidCasual:
I like loads of different stuff, some bands i like are Super Furry Animals, Pixies, Garageland, Number one Cup J J Cale... the list would go on forever but i also love techno and house, a bit of underground old skool dance, reggae, anything thats funky and makes you want to dance!

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy!

Wow, so Cable fans listen to a wide range of stuff then!  I guess it's a testament to Cable's all round greatness that they manage to appeal to rock fans, metal fans and techno and house fans!

It seems that Cable fans have got open minds when it comes to music, which is good!  Though, Pixies seem to be a recurring theme in people's answers - I suppose Cable have got that same quiet/loud thing going on.

Greg, where's a good place to start with Soundgarden?  I've always wanted to give them a try but haven't got round to it, so would you care to recommend a first purchase?  Thanks, dude.

Cheers, guys

Corporate_Automaton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version