Author Topic: British Rock  (Read 20598 times)

Joey Swound!

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
British Rock
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:40 am »
The 90s was filled with ace british rock bands (A, symposium, cable, co.uk, dogdrill etc etc). Such a shame times have changed and all we get now is tight trousered indie wank. Not many decent british bands around now in my opinion - esp. now YCI:M have split up.

Anyone else good around at the moment? I can think of Reuben. That's it for now.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: British Rock
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:55:05 am »
Funnily enough i'm off to see Reuben for the 3rd time tomorrow, i've been a fan since their first album came out and always try to catch them when they are playing live.

I hadn't heard anything about YCNIM breaking up, where did you read this? They are one of my favourite bands (and amazing live) i checked on their official site and nothing is mentioned about them breaking up - http://domain1235744.sites.netui-hosting.co.uk/intro.php

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:07:56 pm »
http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/2328427
I saw that a couple of weeks ago. Pretty sad.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 11:15:24 pm »
They were one of the best alternative bands around, much like Cable i really wish there had been at least another couple of albums before they called it a day. I 've loved Reuben since day one and they are one of the last great bands left (their new album is pretty cracking too), its a real shame the great alternative bands seem to have such a short life span.

Are there any ace alternative bands out there i'm missing? can anyone recommend any?

Damon
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 11:16:57 pm by Damon »

Greg

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 08:52:25 pm »
You guys should be listening to In Flight Program,There new songs are going to kick your ass, They've really out done them seleves this time!!!

Greg.

Joey Swound!

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 03:22:57 pm »
I would recommend Swound!. They are ace and I am in them so therefore they are more ace.

We just uploaded a cover of 2 Unlimited if you want to check it out

http://www.myspace.com/swound

PlacidCasual

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 04:00:53 pm »
Ha ha ha, brillaint work man, it actually works! Dont suppose you's have covered ebeneezer good too??  ;D
Surely that Colin Murray guy would wanna play some of your tunes on his show.

Joey Swound!

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 09:49:48 am »
I reckon Ebeneezer Good is the next one.. Although personally I preferred Boss Drum.

Colin Murray has always been a bit negative towards us. We get support from Huw and Lamacq (and Zane when he feels like it) but never Colin.

Maybe I'll send him this and get him to play it. Hopefully we'll be the next Alien Ant Farm.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 05:55:05 pm »
That my friend is rather ace's, when are you guys going to play down south anyways!!! You really don't want to be the next alien antfarm, bands that become famous off the back of a cover never have a terrible long lifespan.

Damon!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:56:48 pm by Damon »

Joey Swound!

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 09:57:06 am »
Was said quite tongue in cheek  ;)

Where about's are you based Damon?

Give the name of some venues and we'll sort something out.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 11:19:05 am »

I'll private message you with details

Greg

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 07:44:05 pm »
While the Swound have been covering really bad pop music In Flight Program have been writing there new album and it is going to kill you all with the power of RRROOOCCCKKK it displays!

Greg...

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 01:39:56 am »

Hey Greg!

We are adding some new stuff to the forum here at Sub-Lingual and i thought perhaps you might like to take part in reviewing some bands, albums, singles or live shows that you liked?

We thought it might be nice for people to add their own reviews rather than simply short mentions of bands they enjoy, if there is a band, album or single etc that you would like to review for us simply send it to me at - Damon@SubLingual.co.uk

Regards and alternative rock

Damon

Greg

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 10:01:53 pm »
Hi Damon I'd really like that, Thats really cool!!:-)

Thanks for asking me

Been listening to Sigur Ros's Takk non stop!!!

Greg.