Cable Discussion > Where are they now?

Je Suis Animal

<< < (2/2)

Greg:
Hi Pete,
           Thats really intresting. I bet you have all sorts of fun trying to work out what Ged plays. He comes up with some 'out stuff'. You kind of remind me of the the guy from Nightmares on wax. He thinks of music the same way.

I have checked out Razer cuts on Myspace. Really good. I can see how you and Cooper work well. Any plans to do a one off in Derby. For fun one time. I bet Neil would be well up for it!!.

How is Ged these days? Hope he's well and a little bit less stressed!
All the best
Greg.

Pete Cable:
Ged is always stressed! I don't know how he runs a business to be honest, he's so bloody twitchy! He is what me and Phil call a 'proper' guitarist - he has grades and all that caper - he says stuff like 'myxalidian' and 'pentatonic' and expects us to know what he's on about. The razorcuts stuff only showcases one tune that is a 'cuthustlers' track, which is very commercial - but that was done on purpose. Most of the stuff we've recorded together was quite 'beard strokey' instrumental breakbeat type stuff with a feel of DJ Shadow to it - but I had that one tune that's up there (I originally knocked it together on a hand held akai s20) and I just thought it was a great pop tune, like daft punk or avalanches. I presented it to him and he thought it was a great tune to work on. But to say it was so simple, it proved a nightmare to actually record. At first, we spent a day recording Neil playing real drums for it which then all got scrapped - as soon as real drums went down, it sounded like a bad pop record. Nothing could compete with the sound of the 909 used on it. Then we mixed it at the hive, sent it to the label and they said it sounded bad - there was some kind of bass rumble at certain points in the song. So we went to Liverpool and mixed it again. The label guy road tested it in a club again and still the rumble was there. In the end, we had to give up mixing and mixing and mixing and I rebuilt the whole thing from scratch - resampling every record and squeek and squelch all over again. Finally we got the thumbs up and I'm expecting the test pressings any day, but this record has seriously taken about 2 years to get right, especially as me and Coops are so busy. Listen to the 'locked horns' track or the 'tribute' track for what razorcuts is about. The other stuff is a bit 'light'. I'm also waiting on TPs of the stuff coming out on 33TT after xmas - I know they're in the post - apparently the Japs have gone mental for it already, so I can't wait to get it.

Greg:
Ha..ha... Ged is a funny fella. The funny thing is if you ask him about Grades he'll deniy anything about it and probably stress him out more!!

Man, Thats impressive constructing everything on an S2000. I hate noisers that should'nt be there. Digital hiss dose my head in.

Going to keep an eye out for Razercuts tracks in the new year.

I'm defo going to make it to a HS6 gig soon. I've been meaning to see you guys play for agers, but I'm sooooo busy I always miss the gigs.

All the best
Greg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version