Author Topic: Snow Patrol are pish!!  (Read 17258 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Snow Patrol are pish!!
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:12:16 pm »
Fact.

Their first album was average enough before they became big.  Then they caught on that writing shitty dullsongs was selling well, so they went onto write even more of the same crap, i dont know why the radio and public love them so much. I woudnt even say their songs are3 catchy.They all sound the same yet they've became fukin huge, playing at Edinburgh Murrayfield Stadium this August no doubt flooding the streets with the sound of bland ballads and songs of joy.  Just had to mention that coz they suck.  Feeder do too.    ;)

Anyone else got a particular band thats annoying them right now?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 01:15:33 pm by placidcasual »

Corporate_Automaton

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Snow Patrol are pish!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:54:05 pm »
Ahoy!

Good topic!  Yep, every Snow Patrol song sounds the same - I guess they figure if it ain't broke, why fix it?!  When will the general public learn that this lowest common denominator rubbish is poison to your ears!?  It seems that, the worse a band are, the bigger they get, while the truly great bands (i.e, Cable) get ignored!

The one band that really get on my wick are Red Hot Chili Peppers!  They just plain suck.  What especially annoys me is when everybody says how Flea is the best bass player ever - no, he's not!  There are a million (well, perhaps not a million but still quite a few!) bass players that would play him into the ground - Trevor Dunn, Les Claypool, Victor Wooten and many more.  And all their songs sound the same too!

And relax...!

I like this topic - it's very cathartic!  Rest assured I'll be coming back and back to this thread to winge!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

P.S.  Oh yeah, and Keane - WTF is that?  "I know, what we'll do is totally rip off early Radiohead but we'll stick a piano in instead of a guitar - that'll fool people!"  No, it doesn't - you're just ripping off Radiohead!

Greg

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:08:27 pm »
Hello,

The simple fact of the matter is that all the band that have been mentioned are the excepted face of the genre they fit into. E.g if someone says indi music right mow they will probably say the Arctic monkeys or Snow Patrol. Its a shame really that more bands don't get the lime light. I think its better to have snow potrol in the top ten the Westlife any day. I'd rather been into a band that gets respect from musicains and bands than ones all the fasion papers say we should listern to. What do you think?

As for the Red hot chilli's They are all into there chosen art forms Drums, Bass, guitar etc.. Nows thats whats is good about them. They do work at wanting to be better musicians and they are not shy about telling everyone they practice there instruments everyday. It may seem boring to some poeple, but to others it inspires them to push there own art form forward and give the freedom to express them seleves how the want to and in doing so be the best musicains they can be and offer more to there music.

Flea is by no means the best bassist in the world and he knows that and thats why he strives to get better. Also one thing that dose set Flea apart from loads of bassists is that he has his own musical voice ( his own Sound) and he has taste. He knows where to play in the song and when not to. I'm sure if he wanted to he could really show off with his chops but he chosers not to. Now that is a good musician, if you ask me!

The reason the magazines protrays musicains like this is to A) sell magazines and B) to sells albums and get people exciered about buying The RHCP music.

The band that gets on my tits is The Killers. Good band, all can play well know how to write a good song. But not sure if they are English or Amrician. I think its sad that the only way they can sell albums is to pretend to be English. Thats what dose my head in about them.

Look forward to hearing what everyone else has to say!!

Greg.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 07:14:25 pm by Greg »

PlacidCasual

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:52:29 am »
The thing is, so they might not be quite as bad as Westlife, i dont think they are far off.  They write bland songs to a formula that sells them lots of records.  If you listen to their first album, they sound far more like a band that had a lot of potential to write some great songs.  Instead they write an average song, get lucky with it and continue to release a sting of similar sounding dull songs, that get even duller by every release, simply because it is what is selling them more records, sounding nothing like what they used to.  I think its obvious they've decided to sacrifice making good music, for whatever other piece of drizzel will get them chart success.  Just my opinion on them as i used to go see them regulalry when they first started and thought they were pretty good, but i guess they werent making much of a living from it.  Its a shame when a good band becomes shit in order to become popular.
Just how i see it. Oh yeah keane sound just like snow patrol so same goes for them but they were just crap to begin with so dont annoy me as much.
As for the chillies, i am bored of hearing them but i dont doubt they are a very talented band.

Greg

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:09:27 pm »
Easy,
        I should have said I hated Snow patrol's last album too.

Greg. ;)

PlacidCasual

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 04:58:04 pm »
Its been building up for a while that rant,  i had to let it out!

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 11:13:31 am »
I have always thought of Snow Patrol as a Bon Jovi type band in that they have trite, predictable lyrics, your mother quite likes some of their songs and they are just fucking shit.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 11:15:22 am »
Ahoy!

I get the feeling that you are a bit of a RHCP fan, Greg?  :P They are talented musicians but I don't really feel that they are pushing the boundaries in any way - they've gotten lazy.  It seems to me (IMHO) that they have done exactly what Placidcasual thinks Snow Patrol have done, i.e. created a formula for thier songs which they repeat over and over so that they can sell the most units but in doing so they have killed any kind of creativity in their music.  Does Flea have his own sound?  I don't know if I would be able to pick him out from hundreds of other bassists, whereas Les Claypool I could tell straight away (who else plays a 6-string fretless bass?).

O.K. just to throw another band into the mix - I really abhor The Darkness.  If they were being ironic and it was all a big joke, I would probably like them, but the fact that they take it all so seriously!  I mean, it's just reheated 80's power-rock (I may have just invented that genre).  How can you play that kind of music straight-faced and try to remain credible?!  Fine, I can appreciate them as a Spinal Tap-ish joke but when they claim that they are being genuine?

I better add though (so that there is no bad feeling) that this is just my opinion - I'm a firm believer of 'each to their own' - I would never try to impose my tastes on anybody else, music is such a subjective thing and everybody feels it differently.  But Keane still suck.

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 11:21:33 am »
I have to agree with you about The Darkness, the whole ?its just good fun? attitude really annoys me. They are formulaic and rubbish pretty much everything I love about music.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Greg

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 11:46:46 am »
Alright Chaps,
                      I completey agree with you all on your view of RHCPs and Keane and The Darkness and Snow Patrol. I think there is nothing left to be said about them. Other than the last two RHCPs albums have been 'CRAP'. Les Claypool is great.

Greg.

Have a good day :)

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 10:45:11 pm »
Has anyone heard that abomination of a new My Chemical Romance song??? Who the fuck do they think they are, Queen?!!?