General Non-Cable Stuff > General music Discussion

Cable peers

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jezmyers:
right, here we go...

Jetpak - Jetpak broke up many many moons ago. They released a limited to 500 copies 7" on Gravity called Neck Mohican. They also did a split with Understand. Larry left Jetpak and joined Floor to form Hundred Reasons. Tim plays in a band called Jerry Built. Ross does acting of some sort i think. wayback machine listen.to/jetpak

Understand - After the second album was written, made, I only know of one person that has a copy of it (and it's not me) the members went on to various other musical things. Dom is a tour manager and was A's tour manager for a long time. I last bumped into him working for Hundred Reasons. John went on own/run Mushroom studios near Southend. It's a really highly respected studio for young up and coming bands. Rob was last seen working as a lighting engineer. I'm not sure on the others. sorry.

A - are on an indefinite break. They achieved some success with their third album Hi-fi Serious getting a top ten single with Nothing. However the label didn't push them enough. A change in management at Warners meant that their fourth album was held back for 18 months and not promoted at all when released. Jason has gone on to be a writer/producer and has built his own studio. He has written and produced Matt Willis's album (along with Dan Carter). Jason is currently producing the new McFly album. Adam helps Jason out with wrtiting/producing/managing the business from what I can tell. Dan Carter has helped write for Matt Willis, plays bass for him and also has a side project called Lucky Nine with Colin (hundred reasons) and Richie Mills (cable). Giles works in the apple store in London and produces videos. Mark is in a new band, their name escapes me.

Some of this info might be slightly wrong but it'll do for now.

as a side note, the A guys are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Tim:
Re Understand missing members - From what I can recall John also played in group called Woe after Understand and they supported Rival Schools on their 1st (?) UK tour dates. Stuart Quinnell worked for "A"s road crew for a few tours and also I think with Lowgold on some of their gigs. He was also a member of The Wonder Stuff when they reformed in 2000 and also played in the Miles Hunt Club. Last I saw of him was in the background of an interview with the Darkness on a local news programme (think he was a member of their road crew. Saw Rob doing the lights for Cable and also selling their T-shirts. I recall an interview with Muse in Kerrang (?) that included Dom in one of the pictures, maybe he was their tour manger as well. Also tour managed Cable at some point I think.

Cheers

Tim

ps Think I may have 5/6 tracks from "Real Food At Last" on tape. Will have dig them out and try and bung them on a CD if anyone's interested ;)

BoXofSlicE:
Peers, I guess there was Gorilla, who were pretty good back in the day.

Then there was Bivouac who Pete mentions in that interview, who still to this day sound ace!

superhorse:
Groop Dogdrill too, but I guess they're probably in prison by now...  ;)

Alec:
Elevate. Can anyone recommend any Elevate stuff? I have The Architect on vinyl and it's one of my favourite records. Did they do anything else? Is there a fansite or anything for them? I have been combing the internet but can't find anything...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version