General Non-Cable Stuff > General music Discussion

Your bands

<< < (2/3) > >>

Joey Swound!:

--- Quote from: Jezmyers on September 06, 2006, 06:45:34 pm ---yes, and your band are ace (Ewan sent me tracks ages ago)

drop me a line jez@tsncentre.co.uk and we'll defintiely have to do some gigs together. Come to think of it, i myspazzed you guys AGES ago and you never replied, just before the crimea gig in manc.

--- End quote ---

Sorry about that Jes,I would have replied to you if I read it. I'm guessing Rowan saw it and meant to reply, but didn't. He's a fool like that. Yes, will email you.

Also, I missed IFP with DDF the other week. Looking forward to seeing you at first floor though.

scyne:
hello all- second post. so glad this site exists!

i'm in edinburgh and am in two bands, both of whom sound nothing like Cable.

One is called Five Day Hemingway - see www.myspace.com/fivedayhemingway and the other is Azadeh - www.myspace.com/azadehmusic

I think that's why I liked Cable so much. I'm really not into the heavier side of rock, but Cable's melodies, arrangements and songwriting were soooo strong - I just loved it.

Especially their melodies though. You could play a lot of their songs with an acoustic based set up, and they'd still sound great. Definately something you couldn't say of a lot of rock bands.

greg

ChrisH:
I sing and play geetar in Evil Lyn (www.myspace.com/evillynuk) who, again, sound little like Cable but are highly influenced by them...well, we pinched the song-title 'Blackmail' off em at any rate!

We're looking for a drummer at the moment by the way of there are any Manc based drummers on here!?

Damon:
I thought I might as well post a link to my bands site (I?m the guitarist if anyone was wondering) -WWW.PSYCHOGENETIC.CO.UK nothing like Cable but they have always been an influence. I also have another website, one dedicated to a band called Cable but there isn?t any need to post a link to it.

Damon

PlacidCasual:

--- Quote from: scyne on September 07, 2006, 05:51:48 pm ---hello all- second post. so glad this site exists!

i'm in edinburgh and am in two bands, both of whom sound nothing like Cable.

One is called Five Day Hemingway - see www.myspace.com/fivedayhemingway and the other is Azadeh - www.myspace.com/azadehmusic

--- End quote ---

Hey Greg, cool to see another fan from  Edinburgh, did you see them live here atall?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version