Author Topic: Your bands  (Read 19459 times)

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Your bands
« on: September 01, 2006, 12:46:11 am »
So being a forum full of muso?s I thought I?d find out who plays in bands, this is your chance to blatantly post your bands site and talk music

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Jezmyers

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Your bands
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:28:23 am »
I'm the midget in midget & giant

yes she is that tall. yes she is singing.

http:www.myspace.com/midgetandgiant
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:35:07 am by Jezmyers »

Joey Swound!

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 12:14:58 pm »
Wow, that's pretty scary. My friend, Ewan, from Manc was talking about you guys a lot when I saw him in Bradford recently.

I play in a band called Swound!, obviously.

www.swound.co.uk
www.myspace.com/swound

Jezmyers

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:45:34 pm »
yes, and your band are ace (Ewan sent me tracks ages ago)

drop me a line jez@tsncentre.co.uk and we'll defintiely have to do some gigs together. Come to think of it, i myspazzed you guys AGES ago and you never replied, just before the crimea gig in manc.

Rob

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 09:05:40 pm »
i suppose i should post this. although from the other topics i've posted on i think people already know this: i'm in In Flight Program.

if anyone is a veteran of the Derby music scene - i also used to be in Rusk and Proxima Centauri. although no one remembers either of them.

that is all.
Open doors, open doors; all the simple things are yours.

Joey Swound!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 09:57:48 pm »
yes, and your band are ace (Ewan sent me tracks ages ago)

drop me a line jez@tsncentre.co.uk and we'll defintiely have to do some gigs together. Come to think of it, i myspazzed you guys AGES ago and you never replied, just before the crimea gig in manc.

Sorry about that Jes,I would have replied to you if I read it. I'm guessing Rowan saw it and meant to reply, but didn't. He's a fool like that. Yes, will email you.

Also, I missed IFP with DDF the other week. Looking forward to seeing you at first floor though.

scyne

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:51:48 pm »
hello all- second post. so glad this site exists!

i'm in edinburgh and am in two bands, both of whom sound nothing like Cable.

One is called Five Day Hemingway - see www.myspace.com/fivedayhemingway and the other is Azadeh - www.myspace.com/azadehmusic

I think that's why I liked Cable so much. I'm really not into the heavier side of rock, but Cable's melodies, arrangements and songwriting were soooo strong - I just loved it.

Especially their melodies though. You could play a lot of their songs with an acoustic based set up, and they'd still sound great. Definately something you couldn't say of a lot of rock bands.

greg

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 06:39:59 pm »
I sing and play geetar in Evil Lyn (www.myspace.com/evillynuk) who, again, sound little like Cable but are highly influenced by them...well, we pinched the song-title 'Blackmail' off em at any rate!

We're looking for a drummer at the moment by the way of there are any Manc based drummers on here!?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:44:08 pm by Gojonnygogogogo »

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 07:46:27 pm »
I thought I might as well post a link to my bands site (I?m the guitarist if anyone was wondering) -WWW.PSYCHOGENETIC.CO.UK nothing like Cable but they have always been an influence. I also have another website, one dedicated to a band called Cable but there isn?t any need to post a link to it.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 06:15:31 pm »
hello all- second post. so glad this site exists!

i'm in edinburgh and am in two bands, both of whom sound nothing like Cable.

One is called Five Day Hemingway - see www.myspace.com/fivedayhemingway and the other is Azadeh - www.myspace.com/azadehmusic

Hey Greg, cool to see another fan from  Edinburgh, did you see them live here atall?

scyne

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 05:29:20 pm »
hello PlacidCasual - no, i never saw them live here. From Stonehaven, up near Aberdeen originally - and managed to sneak in to their gig at the Lemon Tree when I was 16. First proper concert.

Did they play Edinburgh much? Where did you see them?

PlacidCasual

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 06:55:40 pm »
Hey Scyne.

I saw them in Edinburgh, i think 3 times over a couple of years. I think my favourite one was when they were supporting China Drum.  The last time i saw them was in Glasgow, little did i know it really was the last.