Cable Discussion > General Cable Discussion

Get your missing John Peel sessions here + plus rare demos

<< < (2/8) > >>

knifetotheeye:
Funnily enough Reading 95 was when I discovered Cable!

Si:
Reading 95, same here, I heard them playing Hydra from some was off and was drawn to them. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

knifetotheeye:
Reading '95 - now THAT was a festival. *Eyes glaze over with nostalgia*

I was massively into Marvel comics (specifically the X-Men) back in the 90's and my favourite character at the time was called Cable, so I figured I had to check this band out when I saw the line up - pretty good decision in hindsight!

Damon:
95 was just a great year for Reading. I was 16, drunk and pretty stoned for most of it but i saw Juliana Hatfield, Deus, Beck, Pavement, White Zombie, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Neil Young (whose backing band was Pearl Jam if i remember correctly?) Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day (before they turned into U2) and the Foo Fighters (back when they were still a band i didn't hate) oh and Eddie Izzard

1996 was perhaps even better as i saw Weezer, Rage Against The Machine, Rocket From The Crypt, Urusei Yatsura, The Butthole Surfers AND Sonic Youth!!!

Musically speaking they were probably the best two years of my life

knifetotheeye:
Haha I was the opposite, behaved myself '95 but don't really have any memory of Reading '96 due to being incredibly drunk the entire time :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version