General Non-Cable Stuff > General music Discussion

Snow Patrol are pish!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

PlacidCasual:
Its been building up for a while that rant,  i had to let it out!

Damon:
I have always thought of Snow Patrol as a Bon Jovi type band in that they have trite, predictable lyrics, your mother quite likes some of their songs and they are just fucking shit.

Damon

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy!

I get the feeling that you are a bit of a RHCP fan, Greg?  :P They are talented musicians but I don't really feel that they are pushing the boundaries in any way - they've gotten lazy.  It seems to me (IMHO) that they have done exactly what Placidcasual thinks Snow Patrol have done, i.e. created a formula for thier songs which they repeat over and over so that they can sell the most units but in doing so they have killed any kind of creativity in their music.  Does Flea have his own sound?  I don't know if I would be able to pick him out from hundreds of other bassists, whereas Les Claypool I could tell straight away (who else plays a 6-string fretless bass?).

O.K. just to throw another band into the mix - I really abhor The Darkness.  If they were being ironic and it was all a big joke, I would probably like them, but the fact that they take it all so seriously!  I mean, it's just reheated 80's power-rock (I may have just invented that genre).  How can you play that kind of music straight-faced and try to remain credible?!  Fine, I can appreciate them as a Spinal Tap-ish joke but when they claim that they are being genuine?

I better add though (so that there is no bad feeling) that this is just my opinion - I'm a firm believer of 'each to their own' - I would never try to impose my tastes on anybody else, music is such a subjective thing and everybody feels it differently.  But Keane still suck.

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Damon:
I have to agree with you about The Darkness, the whole ?its just good fun? attitude really annoys me. They are formulaic and rubbish pretty much everything I love about music.

Damon

Greg:
Alright Chaps,
                      I completey agree with you all on your view of RHCPs and Keane and The Darkness and Snow Patrol. I think there is nothing left to be said about them. Other than the last two RHCPs albums have been 'CRAP'. Les Claypool is great.

Greg.

Have a good day :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version