Cable Discussion > General Cable Discussion

Darius Interview

(1/6) > >>

Damon:
Darius has very kindly agreed to answer your questions in an exclusive SubLingual interview, just post your questions and I?ll collect them in a couple of days and put them to the man himself.

Damon

Greg:
Hi these are some questions I wondered about for some time.

I would really like to know what happend to the flashing Cable logo from the Sublingual tour? dose each member of Cable own a letter? and who owns the fifth?

Also what was Darius's guitar rig he used for Cable? Amps, guitars and peddles? I remember he had a guitar made for the Blue birds are blue single (something like that).

Was there any tricks he used in the studio to get his sound and how did he get his sound?

What has Darius been listening to the last few years and whats is his favourite album/ band at the moment?

What dose he think to the British music scene at the moment?

Dose he have any plans to anything musical at all in the next few months/ year?

Thanks look forward to hearing what he has to say?

Greg. :)

Greg:
Hi, I've got some more questions for Darius, if thats ok

Whats Darius's favourite Cable song/lyric?

Whats the story behind Sublingual? how did the band arrive with the idea for the album? and whats the story behind the album songs/ concept?

What Darius's favourite song/ album ever ( not Cable)?

Whats Darius's favourite Cable gig?

I hope everyone else asks some qestions. Darius is a really intresting musician and a great guitarist on the british music scene and its not everyday you get to ask good musicians questions.

Thanks

Greg.

PlacidCasual:
Id like to ask him a few.

Whats you're favourite / worst gig you played with Cable?

If it hadnt been for the unfortunate demise of Cable, were there many future plans for the band, i.e more tours, new music, more singles from sublingual to be released etc?

Do you have a personal favourite Cable album?

Well thats all i can think of for now  :-\, if i can think of any more il post them

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy!

So you're getting an interview with the great man himself - what strings did you have to pull to arrange that, Damon?!  O.K. Here's a few questions:

Was it a conscious decision to write so many songs in odd time signatures (5/4, 6/4, etc.)?  Why is 6/4 so prevalent in Cable songs? [Sorry, but since Greg pointed out the odd time signatures I've become obsessed with them!]

How did you get the guitar sound on the start of Song 1?  It's really odd - like some kind of chorused feedback!

Flattened fifths/augmented fourths seem to appear in your guitar parts quite often (e.g. in Hexagon Eye, Pocket Promise, the intro to Land Speed Record, etc.) - are you not worried about summoning the devil?

Most of the guitar playing in Cable songs is quite restrained - did you never feel the urge to put a proper metal solo in a song with shredding and tapping and everything?!

Favourite non-Cable album?

Favourite Cable song to play live?  (Pete Cable said Oubliette - does Darius agree?)

Right, that's a few for now, I'll add more later if I think of any.  I even resisted the urge to ask if Cable would pretty please play a few reunion gigs!!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version