Cable Discussion > General Cable Discussion

1000 visits

(1/3) > >>

Damon:
Today this site received its thousandth visitor, I never expected it to be so popular so quickly and wanted to thank you all for your support and contributions. Having received a couple of e-mails from Darius over the last couple of days and spoken to Pete at length over the last few months its really nice to know that the band members themselves like the site.

I am receiving demos, live tracks, video and pictures daily and very soon the site will grow even more. Thank you to all the people who are very kindly donating stuff to the site and to the people who keep returning and posting in the forums.

Thank you all for your support

Damon

Greg:
Hell Yeah, this site is almost as good as Cable reforming. In seven days 1000 people have looked at this site. If these guys got back together they'd sellout everywhere!!! 

Look forward to see whats put up next on the site. Has Matt Bagguley had alook yet?

Have great week

Greg.

Corporate_Automaton:
Ahoy!

Congrats on the 1000th visitor!  I'm sure the site will keep growing and growing as word spreads!

I've just got a couple of ideas:

I'm not very technologically minded, but is there a way to make sure that if people search for Cable on google or whatever then this site is the first result they get back?  I just tried putting "Cable Sublingual" in google and this site is on the second page so people may not find it.  Like I say, I'm not great at this technology lark but if somehow this was the first site to come up in searches then the site might get even more visitors?

Also, would it be worth adding the link to the website to the 'External Links' part of the "Cable (band)" page on Wikipedia?

Anyways, just a couple of ideas I thought of - feel free to ignore them!  Thanks for putting this great site and forum together.

Cheers,

Corporate_Automaton

Sully:
I was having difficulty finding anything about Cable anywhere on the net til i found the link to this place through the drowned in sound site so they are some good ideas there Corporate_Automaton.

Dan:
Well where to start...

... I've been looking for Cable info for years on-line, I nearly gave up I must admit.

Now I'm here I feel I have years of drivvle to get off my chest.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a massive Cable fan. When I was 15 in 1998 I did a week's Work Experience for Infectious records. During said time, I fell in love with Cable's music. During the time I was there I was lucky that it coincided with Cable supporting Symposium at the London Kentish Forum, which I was lucky enough to attend alongside all the Record company people (Nigel Adams, Pat Carr, Craig Gentle, etc..). Spent a lovely night under the influence with Matt and the band - all fantastic people.

Thank you for this this magnificent tool. I too have been searching for lyrics for ages, and I am fully behind any kind of reform, I'd love to see them again, if just for God Gave Me Gravity (the violent open strung bits by Matt on the "Doesn't mean you'll get it right" bit I always remember was fantastic) and, furthermore, I'd pay good money and travel good miles to see it.

A wonderful, wonderful band that make you think. I still think "When Animals Attack" is the best thinkers album. Awesome. Well done all involved with this site, I'm sure we'll chat soon.

P.s. I spent ages looking for one of the "Drum n' bass" t-shirts on-line, which I regret never buying. If anyone fancies selling me one, let me know!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version