Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Cable Discussion / Hundred Reasons
« Last post by mogwai on July 23, 2021, 03:57:30 pm »
Hundred Reasons and Hell Is For Heroes are doing it again next year.......come on Cable, join them, please!
General Cable Discussion / Re: Oh Bollocks!
« Last post by mogwai on October 04, 2017, 10:41:17 am »
.....and what made it worse Placid Casual, was the bastard website had a picture of Cable on the gig announcement e-mail!!!! I, for a short while, thought the unthinkable was happening 😔. Oh what I'd give for one more Cable gig.
General Cable Discussion / Re: Oh Bollocks!
« Last post by PlacidCasual on October 02, 2017, 03:55:50 pm »
I've a feeling that day will never come but that would have been amazing news if it was for real!
General Cable Discussion / Oh Bollocks!
« Last post by mogwai on September 27, 2017, 01:05:50 pm »
Just received an e-mail from bandsintown announcing Cable shows. Got stupidly, and I mean really stupidly excited, butterflies in stomach excited etc.........only to find out it's some poxy DJ mob! Oh BOLLOCKS!!!!
General Cable Discussion / Re: One year ago and the Demo EP.
« Last post by daryltaylor on September 09, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
There's still 7 copies of the Demo's and Unreleased Cd here if anyone still needs one.
https://www.banquetrecords.com/cable/demos-and-unreleased-songs/cable2012
Your Cable Pictures / Re: Random scans
« Last post by daryltaylor on July 02, 2017, 10:36:03 am »
I still need a Cable badge if anyone wants to swap. I have doubles of some 7" & cd singles?
General Cable Discussion / Re: cable stickers
« Last post by daryltaylor on February 20, 2017, 01:28:11 am »
The Cable, Carrie and China Drum CD was given away free to the first 50 people in line.
General Cable Discussion / Re: Cable Rarities
« Last post by jake74 on June 24, 2016, 06:37:33 pm »
Hi Richie,

The numbers are the hex code for an apostrophe, the filename is Big City Bash Derby '96 but the ' is being converted. Not sure of the original date, unfortunately.

cheers!
jake
« Last post by rp61 on June 24, 2016, 06:11:42 pm »
Hey! Jake,

Just visiting some old haunts (as it were) and was really happy to see that you had got around to posting this gig you mentioned you had. Thanks a lot for posting it, listening to it now, sounds good.. Would I be correct in assuming the last four digits in the download links (2796) is the actual date (02.07.1996) ?

Thanks again,

Richie
« Last post by BoXofSlicE on September 25, 2015, 10:06:49 pm »
Presenting, an (afaik) unreleased recording of Cable playing The Big City Bash in 1996!

This tape, handed to me by Steven Battelle (ex LostAlone and Derby resident), was recorded by his mum from the radio broadcast of the gig (whilst he was front row at the gig). The tape's nearly 20 years old, and recorded from radio. Do not expect a soundboard quality recording!

You can download the audio in Apple Lossless or FLAC format, whichever you prefer—

Apple Lossless
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40145/Big%20City%20Bash%20Derby%20%2796.m4a

FLAC
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40145/Big%20City%20Bash%20Derby%20%2796.flac

I've been meaning to put this up for years, sorry for the delay. I hope someone finds it interesting!
Big thanks to Steven Battelle for personally entrusting me with this tape!

cheers

Amazing thanks for sharing, can't wait to listen. This gig was actually the first time I saw cable live. For those not from Derby The big bash was an annual full weekend of music in the town centre. If I remember correctly the Saturday was all pop music and let loose were the headliners that day. Thankfully Sunday was better local music day. Gorilla, beekeepers played and cable headlined. The mosh pit for cable was mental
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10