Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Cable Discussion / Re: Cable Rarities
« Last post by jake74 on September 09, 2015, 09:02:33 pm »
Presenting, an (afaik) unreleased recording of Cable playing The Big City Bash in 1996!

This tape, handed to me by Steven Battelle (ex LostAlone and Derby resident), was recorded by his mum from the radio broadcast of the gig (whilst he was front row at the gig). The tape's nearly 20 years old, and recorded from radio. Do not expect a soundboard quality recording!

You can download the audio in Apple Lossless or FLAC format, whichever you prefer—

Apple Lossless
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40145/Big%20City%20Bash%20Derby%20%2796.m4a

FLAC
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40145/Big%20City%20Bash%20Derby%20%2796.flac

I've been meaning to put this up for years, sorry for the delay. I hope someone finds it interesting!
Big thanks to Steven Battelle for personally entrusting me with this tape!

cheers
« Last post by jake74 on September 09, 2015, 10:13:41 am »
Hurrah, the forum is alive! I'll find where I've saved it and post a link!
« Last post by mogwai on September 09, 2015, 09:59:39 am »
Hi Jake,

Me, me, me! Seriously though fella, i'd love a copy.

Cheers,

Rowan.
« Last post by jake74 on July 25, 2015, 02:39:11 pm »
Dear me, I forgot about this… who wants a Cable live gig from 1996?
General Cable Discussion / Re: gone quiet again..
« Last post by BoXofSlicE on November 25, 2014, 12:59:42 am »
you would have thought the gigs never happened it is really weird how they came and went and then nothing, i guess we can't complain i got to see them 3 more times out the 5.

I don't know i kinda thought at the time maybe they would get back together as they didn't split under normal circumstances. I am sure if they were all living in Derby they might have thought about it but i guess it things are different  now.
General Cable Discussion / gone quiet again..
« Last post by PlacidCasual on September 02, 2014, 11:45:49 am »
Well all that excitement with the unexpected but very welcome gigs and just seeing cable together as band again was immense.  But it was kind of short lived it seems, maybe we all got what we needed, that last cable fix, it all seemed to just flash by so quickly and not much of a word has been said since from band or fans.   Maybe we are all just happy they got the seeing off they deserved in slightly better circumstances?

Personally, i was hoping for some new material, the thought still excites me a lot!  I reckon everyone would come crawling back out from their rocks and get excited again if news of this was granted.
General Cable Discussion / Re: This time last year
« Last post by Si on April 05, 2014, 08:52:14 am »
I'm guessing that's the last time we see them again. Damn.
General Cable Discussion / Re: This time last year
« Last post by tom1504 on February 19, 2014, 11:20:48 am »
One of the greatest nights of my life (no exaggeration).  I think I'd annoyed my wife & probably those around me by singing every lyric (I've been able to figure out!) at the top of my voice.
General Cable Discussion / This time last year
« Last post by damnspynovels on February 10, 2014, 05:59:31 pm »
Thanks to those social media apps that tell you what you were up to a year ago, I'm reminded it was a year ago that we were all in The Garage for that one last gig.

:(
General music Discussion / Slow Season (Derby Support Band)
« Last post by martin_lindau on February 07, 2014, 11:01:30 am »
Hi All,

This is our first gig since that night. Please say hello if any of you can make it...

Castles / Slow Season + more.
3 March
The Hairy Dog in Derby

https://www.facebook.com/events/572116656212153/

Hope you are all doing well.

Martin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10