Author Topic: No mention of 'song by cable'  (Read 9172 times)

Si

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
No mention of 'song by cable'
« on: November 17, 2007, 01:20:53 pm »
On the new Tellison album there is a hidden track at the end of the album, namely their cover of 'Song 1' by cable. However there is no mention of cable in the album sleeve, stating all songs by Tellison. Is this wrong, being a cable fan, i would like to have seen a mention ? Any thoughts anyone? What does Pete think?

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: No mention of 'song by cable'
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 10:57:21 pm »
I would of thought that with copyright law being what it is Cable would not only be receiving a small percentage as their song was used but that they should indeed of mentioned who actually wrote the song.

Shame really as a mention might of helped people discover the glory that is Cable!

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Alec

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 09:27:03 pm »
I agree with Damon. Copyright means Cable will get royalties but I am surprised the band aren't obliged to give details on the cover. Most "hidden tracks" are group's own material so issue doesn't arise but with a cover.... Well, it sounds dodgy and a shame because some listeners won't know who wrote the song and might even think it is original and not a cover.

A real shame...

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:07:55 am »
I?m sure I?ve heard of another band doing this before? Can?t remember who..it may come to me later. Hasn?t it got something to do with if they don?t list the song on the album then it?s not classed as part of the purchase or something because it?s not been advertised? Hence having it as a hidden track and not therefore not having to pay royalties for it. That?s probably rubbish but I sure that?s what I heard?