Author Topic: Peel Sessions  (Read 16782 times)

Alec

Peel Sessions
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:09:36 pm »
Hi. I'm new to the board. I've loved Cable back since the first LP. Glad I've found this site.

Can anyone tell me why the Peel sessions haven't been released on CD?

Also, they did a version of their Sprite (The Sprite Blues) ad song on a Peel session but the track isn't listed in the rarities topic. Why not?

Wikipedia gives the following:
18 October 1994, 25 August 1995, 13 February 1996, 13 May 1997, 14 April 1998 (not including the Oxford gig of October 1997)

Does anyone have tracklisting for all of those?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 05:35:46 pm by Alec »

Alec

Re: Peel Sessions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:01:57 am »
18/10/94

Seventy
Oubliette
Sports Cars & Devil Worship
Deadwood For Green
Give Them What They Want

25/8/95
(Reading Festival)

Sale Of The Century
Seventy
Oubliette
Hydra
Untitled

13/2/96

The Colder Climate
Action Replay Replay
Whisper Firing Line
Apparently

13/5/97

God Gave Me Gravity
Freeze The Atlantic
The (We Did The Music For The Sprite Ad) Blues
Ring Of Fire

14/4/98

Hexagon Eye
Blackmail
Honoloulou
A Ball Is A Ball Whichever Way You Look At It

BoXofSlicE

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 01:59:21 am »

Can anyone tell me why the Peel sessions haven't been released on CD?

Also, they did a version of their Sprite (The Sprite Blues) ad song on a Peel session but the track isn't listed in the rarities topic. Why not?

Welcome Alec, Most of the Peel sessions are floating around on MP3 including the Sprite Ad Blues. The holy grail Cable Peel session is the 13/2/96 one. The only track I or I think anyone else has off that is Action Replay Replay. The full list of finds is in the link to another post below. The quality of them is pretty good but would be better if they released them officially which would be good but as much as I would like the Peel sessions to be released on CD I?d much rather they released some of the demo?s we have so we can hear them in better quality or even I wish! Some stuff we haven?t tracked down yet

http://www.sublingual.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,34.0.html

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:52:59 pm »
Hi Boxofslice, in reply to you mentioning re-tweeking some of those demos, Wouldn't it be better if they just went in to a stuido and re-recorded them;-)

Joey Swound!

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:50:45 am »
I have a CD with loads of live and peel tracks on. Will have a look when I get home what they are. I lost it for 4 years and it turned up the other day. Exciting

PlacidCasual

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 04:03:10 pm »
Id quite like to hear one of the  peel sessions from When Animals Attack era. Dont think ive heard either of them before.

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 01:06:15 pm »
Don't know where this was left, but I've unearthed a 10+ yr old CD I got from a friend in Derby whose mates with Pete Darrington. I have the  13/2/96 on it...

13/2/96

The Colder Climate
Action Replay Replay
Whisper Firing Line
Apparently

Any takers?
I need some of the other sessions, so will happily swap.
@jake74

nav

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:27:37 pm »
Ive got the other 3 sessions on cd so we could do a swap!

Pete - are there any other unreleased tracks that we dont know about?

- anyone heard Extra Limbs? Great song!

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 07:59:22 pm »
I've got an MP3 of Extra Limbs, i'd be interested to know when exactly it was recorded. It would be great if there was a whole load more unreleased stuff for us to hear but i'm guessing that the few that slippd out (Rick Wakeman, Midget, One For The Ladies Stalion etc) are the only ones, we can but hope though.
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

markholl

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 11:35:28 am »
Sorry my first post is a begging one, but does anyone have the last peel session on mp3 or cd they could somehow get to me? Been looking for the other rareties too for ages, but to my shame, only found this site today!

Thanks!

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 01:53:52 pm »
nothing to be ashamed of mate! Cable should be celebrated at every opportunity!

If no-one else has hooked you up with any MP3s in a weeks time, msg me. I'd do it now but I'm on holiday :)
@jake74

markholl

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 12:28:26 am »
You sir, are a legend! If no-one else comes back i'll take you up on that very kind offer!