Author Topic: YCNI:M  (Read 14610 times)

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
YCNI:M
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:05:33 pm »
Found this on Rock Sound's site - http://www.rock-sound.net/view_news.php?headline=EXCLUSIVE---THE-AUTOMATIC-REPLACE-PENNIE&id=2004103514

Can't quite imagine Paull Mullen singing the wank indie hit "monster"

By the way i've been desperately trying to get a copy of urusei yatsura's albums and am having no luck, does anyone have any of their albums they could copy for me?

Damon
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:23:23 pm by Damon »
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: YCNI:M
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:39:03 pm »
Hey Damon, i read about that, coudnt quite believe it but stranger things have happened.
As for urusei yatsura albums theres a couple on amazon pretty cheap.  I have slain by on vinyl (which is why i can't copy it for you) and its a great album. I think they split up a while back though. My have to give them a listen today, its been years.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/026-5621450-5394045?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=urusei+yatsura&Go.x=9&Go.y=11

Joey Swound!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 12:05:30 pm »
Yeah, this is wierd. I reckon he'll do them good as he's got a great ear for melody when he wants to do that kind of thing.

Maybe they'll jsut take on a whole new direction? Mind you, they've already recorded now haven't they?

I guess years of putting yourself about in a good band that never really takes off can get you down.. I remember on their last tour they only had about 15 people at Rock City. When you produce a good album, get good press and then only get that many turning out you have to start thinking about where it's going..

Joey Swound!

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 12:17:46 pm »
In fact, I just saw this.

http://www.theautomatic.co.uk/myblog.php?id=85

Hello! As you may have heard, Paul Mullen (yourcodenameis:Milo) has joined the band. We were planning this news for today but it somehow got out a bit early. But here you go, from the horses mouth, this is the new line-up. Since returning to the UK from our American tour this summer weve been focusing on a second album, there's about 20 tracks demoed, half of which were written with Paul aswell. Its been a very exciting 6 weeks so far and were gona start the real album recordings very soon! Lastly it's pretty important to mention that Paul isn't a direct replacement for Pennie. He's playing his guitar on most tracks, there are some vocal moments from him too. I guess that was kinda obvious really but i had read a few things on the web suggesting he was going to to be the new keyboard player. There will be plenty of keyboards on the new record though, worry not. Were sharing the electronic duties between us, open to anyone and everyone! Its sounding huge. Were very much looking forward to touring again next year and the future in general. Expect photos and studio vids next week!! KYEP...

Maybe they realised they were gonna write another shit album?

Greg

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 09:38:39 pm »
Ha... Joey thats funny!!