Author Topic: What can we discuss  (Read 18857 times)

Joey Swound!

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What can we discuss
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:11:50 am »
Sureley w haven't exhausted everything to discuss about CAble? I miss this forum.

Does anyone remember a really old CAble site that disappeared about 4 years ago? That was a good site with some good press clippings/interviews.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: What can we discuss
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:45:31 pm »
Hey!

I remember the official Cable site, that was the time i first started messing about and falling in love with PC's, i also remember a very good site called CableIE which was a fan site that contained loads of stuff plus bootlegs of shows.

It is shame there arn't more sites out there for the band and that all those bootlegs of shows and studio outtakes seem to of vanished.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Si

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:23:58 pm »
Well, since there's nothing else to discuss, there's only one option left....

Sorry Pete you need to reform  ;)

PlacidCasual

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41:27 pm »
Hey,

its been a while!

It was great when the tribute album came out last year and Damon created this site.  It was good for everyone to talk to other fans and share our experiences of them and even hear from Pete and the other band members through Damons interviews.
Its a shame but i think its hard to keep much discussion going now, i think everyone was secretly hoping this album of appreciation would maybe spur a revival, or at least a one off gig but in my opinion it doesnt look likely  :(
The problem is i think its hard to really talk about a band that has been defunct for some time without any new releases or anything to look forward to and there was only 2 albums and an EP afterall. The fact that they contained some of the finest tunes of the last decade still stands strong though and im sure a lot of people will still have a cable album in their top 10 best albums ever list for many more years!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:49:47 pm »
I should have mentioned..

Does anyone else reckon Cable could potentially be huge if they had arrived a few years later?  Especially in todays climate of indie / rock bands becoming increasingly popular like artic monkeys, Cable could show some of these bands a thing or two about writing a good tune.  I reckon theyd have got a lot more radio play and coverage these days but who knows??

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:56:28 pm »
I think PlacidCasual really said it all in his post, i received an e-mail from Matt and sent him some questions to answer but at least 6 months have gone by and still no word from him and i doubt that i'll ever hear from him again (it will always annoy me that i didn't get an interview from every member of the band).

I am pretty chuffed with what this site acheived and it will always remain but in time i guess the forum will close due to lack of use, i do now have all the Cable video's and they will go up soon for rotation so at least this will remain a great Little tribute and depositary to Cable.

Thanks everyone for visiting, helping out and supporting.

Damon
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:59:54 pm by Damon »

Greg

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:06:24 pm »
Hello, That old offical Cable Website everyone is bangin on about was run by Uncle Bob who plays guitar for In Flight Program.

HOpe everyone's well,

Check out the new In Flight Program 7" they put out Called 'Airbag dose not remove the safety belt'. Its dam good!! ;)

Greg.

Johnny Mac

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:52 am »
Need more stuff to discuss.... I agree.

Am at a loss just now though........

Just back from T in the Park.... Did Cable ever play it? Can't remember.

PlacidCasual

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 12:21:59 pm »
I dont recall Cable ever playing T in the Park, 'A' and Symposium did and went down a storm though.

Johnny Mac

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 01:14:32 pm »
Yeah, i remember seeing bothe Symposium and A at TITP.

They were both great!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:21:47 am »
I don't remember Cale ever playing T In The Park, i know that they played at Reading at least twice, once when i wasn't there and once when i was (i found out when i got home that they were there and realised i had missed them)

Damon (is mostly listening to Reuben and YourCodeNameIsMilo)

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 12:59:04 am »
It?s a shame that this forum has been open for some time now and there is only 56 members. When you compare that with the amount of friends on the Cable myspace page I would of thought that there would have been more by now. Oh well I think you should keep it running anyway because you never know if may eventually boom, maybe post a link in there comments box.

In the meantime maybe we should talk about something else to get the place going again. Football maybe, that always works? So who else reckons The Rams will batter Man City on Wednesday?

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:23 am »
Man City? is that a football team? i know less about football than i do quantum physics

Leo

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 03:02:02 pm »
I don't think the rams are going to batter anyone this season...

Greg

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 09:00:09 pm »
It would be really cool if some one put all the Cable Peel session on one CD and released them mixed and everything. Maybe that would still give some hope of a few gigs to promote that. I'd really like to see Cable a aigain.

I don't think now I'd want them to release any new songs other than Midget.

What dose everyone else think????

Would be good to hear what Pete thinks?

Greg,