Author Topic: Cable label boss tells band 'reform now' - EXCLUSIVE!  (Read 21644 times)

Pete Cable

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cable label boss tells band 'reform now' - EXCLUSIVE!
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:45:32 pm »
Tis true folks.
I spoke to Korda Marshall, former Infectious head honcho last friday - he called me up at work to tell me he loved the new record I'd made with Neil 'does ANYBODY remember I was in Cable?' Cooper (ask marc ;)) and said he'd heard the tribute album and thought it was 'cracking' - he said we should reform RIGHT NOW and he'd be behind us all the way...probably with a broom, I would think. He is, of course head of Warners UK these days, lighting cigars off the pile of fifty pound notes he has amassed from signing Gnarls Barclay. I told him we are now the new Velvet Underground and he can safely put his slippers on knowing that, despite Warners pulling the plug on their 'final salary' pension scheme before he joined, he has nothing to worry about as the cable renaissence of 2020 will keep him in the amount of gin he has become accustomed to in his middle age.
On a side note, he also told me that the little girl on the cover of the 'Seventy' single (his daughter) is now 19, covered in tattoos and piercings, has a purple spikey mullet and works for some swanky indie cred label in that their London these days.

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cable label boss tells band 'reform now' - EXCLUSIVE!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:55:28 pm »
Well thats another reason to reform! Thing is its impossible for Matt to be in 2 different bands and countries at the same time. bah.  I want to meet this girl, i could sing her a ballad.

Rick Wakeman

• BOMBSITE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:30:51 pm »
Great news  ;D  Can I put in a request for you to play at the Concorde 2 if/when you reform?!!

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:13:37 pm »
As long as you play down south again and get me some backstage passes so I can interview you for the site I?m happy ? that and play Song 1 again.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Greg

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 02:12:05 am »
It is possiable to do two bands. Cable in your own time :D

Thats all

Greg
P.S. I hear The Police are reforming! ;D

Lets Merengue

• Novice Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:22:54 pm »
REFORM REFORM REFORM!!!  Come and play Dublin too...you can stay at my house!   ;)

Joey Swound!

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:54:55 pm »
I heard that Creed are reforming too and Pete auditioned to paly bass.

Si

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 10:49:12 pm »
Pete being a member of cable I hang on to your every word! Please don't get my hopes up (unless you know something we don't  ;))

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 06:18:48 pm »
Worth a log-in to say...reform you dang bastards!!!

Leo

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 03:04:58 pm »
Cable must reform to play the Vic inn, Derby, before it closes its doors (if those rumours are true...)

Johnny Mac

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 11:39:56 am »
REFORM!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Alec

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 09:29:38 am »
I hope they do reform. Those late demos are great. Untitled Instrumental and One for the Ladies are as good as anything on Sublingual and Midget is the best thing they ever did. If there was anyway of picking up form there then the next album would be better than the three that they did.

Saunders

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 02:50:40 pm »
please reform!!!! i can play about 90% of your songs on drums and guitar and bass! i will fill in for anyone unable to play! ;) haha
seriously, i will!!!!
i miss cable more than words can say!! none of your records sound dated at all and are all as fresh as they were when i first heard em, no other band i can think of can truley say that!!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 06:13:19 pm »
Well it was over a year since Pete wrote that and i haven seen him post on here for ages, nor anyone really. Id say the idea of a cable reformation dream is well and truly over  :'( Stranger things have happened though...

Youd think Matt  Baguely would have be dying to get out on the guitar again and write more songs after playing drums for so long, it just doesnt suit his talent in my opinion.

Pete Cable

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 02:30:09 am »
Your calls are important to us. Please HOLD...