Author Topic: national student article  (Read 12975 times)

nav

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears

ukjohnd

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Hexagon Eye
Re: national student article
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 02:07:31 am »
Great cheers for the link Nav, great to see we at sublingual.co.uk get a wee mention too. ;D ;D
Website Admin / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:13:12 am »
Il second that, it's a magic article! But a little sad in a way coz everyone knows Sublingual would have made them big if they were around to promote it more  >:(

Jimbob

• Novice Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:28:52 pm »
Thanks! The tribute album and the work the Sublingual guys are doing gave me the opportunity to justify a feature on Cable - I've been waiting for years to be able to justify a nostalgic prose on the band.
The tribute album is an amazing idea and Cable deserve one more than most and Sublingual is a site I've been waiting to arrive for a while (a decent Cable site, full of information)

There's a review of the album here:
http://www.national-student.co.uk/magazine/music/reviews/a_tribute_to_cable.htm

It was a sad day when I heard they had decided to call it a day, Sublingual should have taken them to the next stage and they deserved to be a household name.

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:49:37 pm »
Garry Cooper? Wasn't he an old 50s actor??  ;)

Greg

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 04:07:13 pm »
HA>>>HA>> I was thinking the samething :)

Jimbob

• Novice Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 04:22:09 pm »
Bugger!!! That's pretty lame, dunno what happened there!
Apologies to Neil - although Gary Cooper being on drums would be amusing.
These late night proofing sessions throw up some interesting things indeed.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:04 am »
That?s an ace article and it was nice for the site to get a plug, from the start the one thing I really hoped was that the tribute album would renew people?s interest in Cable and introduce them to a new audience.

I have been approached by a couple of people recently who are writing pieces on the band and wanted some info, I just hope one or two of the big magazines like Kerrang or the NME review the album favourably as that would be amazing.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

siganturetune

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 10:23:21 am »
we're still holding out for the kerrang review....aparently simon young has done one - but its in the hands of teh reviews editor now..
there'll be a feature going up on drownedinsound.com soon too...

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:18:47 pm »
I also hope to see more blatant plugging of the site in the future too as it makes my head swell and puts a big  grin on my face, we have a couple more interviews going up soon so keep  an eye out for them plus a couple of other things I?ve had to keep  under wraps.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Greg

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 08:28:30 pm »
With all this new intrest in Cable and so many poeple visiting the site we need to get Yorie Geller on the case Everyone touch the The gap between the dots and think Cable reform, Cable Reform ...............      ................... and it might happen. It worked for Wayne Roony!

All the best and remember touch between the dots.!!!

Greg.