2 (25%)
Bass
0 (0%)
Sing
0 (0%)
No musical talent
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: How many people are drummers on here?  (Read 14367 times)

Corporate_Automaton

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
How many people are drummers on here?
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:24:19 am »
Ahoy!

Inspired by the fact that nearly every single person on this forum seems to be a drummer, I thought I'd see just how many drummers there are on this site as well as guitarists, bassists and singers.  So, vote on the poll - are you a drummer, guitarist, bassist or singer?  I guess that some people will play all those instruments and sing too so just put up what ever you consider to be your main instrument.

I've only put what I thought would be the four main answers in the poll but if it turns out we have a load of people who play something other than what's in the poll, e.g. bagpipes or accordion or whatever, I'll stick them in the poll.

Thanks guys,

Corporate_Automaton

P.S.  I'm a guitarist!  ;D

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: How many people are drummers on here?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:17:07 pm »
Im a drummer, although ive not played in a wee bit and ive since traded my drum kit for a set of decks.  I played in a few bands and got free lessons at school,  before i had a kit i was always tapping like fuk on the desk driving everone mad.  Neil and Richie were a huge influence on my style.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 01:47:50 pm »
I myself am a guitarist, I from time to time enjoy sitting behind the drums at practise and messing around but I?m quite the amateur drummer. I did get to play drums on my bands second album though, drums are something that are fun to mess around on for a while whilst the guitar is something I love and can pick up whenever I like and spend hours with.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Greg

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 04:35:37 pm »
Hello I'm a drummer too. been playing for a while now. Strangely enough its what I do for a living too.

Cable was a differnently a drummers band and a songwriters band.

Man, we're all really lucky to have had the opertunity to be able to play a musical instrument.

Hope everyones well :)

Greg.

Martin

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 11:27:43 am »
I play drums....

I love it!

Neil Cooper is like a bad AIDS that infects all Derby drummers at some point or another, I am glad to be rid of it now, it may still be deep routed though!

Greg will know what I'm taliking about!

Martin
xx

Greg

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 06:35:50 pm »
Yeah I shaw do,

and I never have sounded anything like him anyway! More like David Sandstrom ;) Neil Copper great drummer, nice chap, all ways has a good word to say about everyone. Big up the Derby massive!!!

I think The Derby Drum style is one of the most defind sounds/ grooves in England! Like the New Orleans second line drumming in America. Its a style unto its self, but you can only pick it up if your from Derby.

Also Don't forget Tree he is the Load of playing drums for the song. I owe him loads. I hope he's well.

Hope everyones well

Greg.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 11:09:40 am by Greg »