Author Topic: Will Cable ever get back together?  (Read 35960 times)

Si

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Will Cable ever get back together?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 05:52:53 pm »
I have yet to find a band I liked as much as cable. I doubt I ever will. I think the saddest thing is that after the tribute album and the launch of this site both of which a lot of work went into and the fans truly appreciate, that this is possibly going to be the last thread left going on this forum  :'(. Unless cable really do something else (like another reforming and another record) then eventually this forum will die a slow death as there will eventually be nothing to write about (sorry Damon). So Pete if you read this, please reform. Do it for sublingual.co.uk, do it for the fans.  ;D

Lets Merengue

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 01:26:03 pm »
Hi,

Stumbled across this website a couple of weeks ago + it brought many fond memories flooding back.  Cable were an amazing band.  Was lucky enough to see them live quite a few times + no one else rocked liked them (the Dingwalls gig broke my heart!).  Its great to see that they haven't been forgotten.  Every time I listen to their stuff it still sends a shiver down my spine...PLEASE PLEASE reform lads (the girls need to see Matt's sexy ass back on stage again in those Wrangler jeans...delish!) ;) 

Is there anyone on here from Ireland?  I moved back here a few years ago + haven't met any Cable fans here yet but I'm spreading to word!!  Fair play to you Pete for keeping the fans informed of any updates.  Reading the interviews on the site with the lads, its great to hear that the band have mostly fond memories of the Cable days too. 

There are a lot of great bands out there but no one has managed to take Cable's crown so I reckon its about time they reclaimed it!  Your fans are ready and waiting....

PlacidCasual

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006, 01:44:00 pm »
Hey, welcome aboard! Iive not heard anyone mention they are from Ireland on here but Pocket Promise, one of the bands on the tribute album are Irish i believe. I remember a good band called Griswold from Ireland that were around the mid 90's.

Hexagoneye

• Novice Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2006, 07:44:24 pm »
I would love to see Cable reform as much as the next man. They've been my favourite band since I first heard them on a cd I got free with a box of breakfast cereal. However, I do fear that the 'legend' of Cable would be ruined. We have to remember that current trends and politics influence bands more than even they realise, if Cable were to reform and do new stuff would it be at the same level of genius or just generic twaddle like every other band at the moment? Not that Cable would ever be capable of twaddle of any sort, generic or otherwise, what  I'm trying to say is that it might be better to quit while you're ahead. Still it's highly unlikely now that Matt lives in Norway. But, I do think that it would be cool if Cable could muster a greatest hits tour at least, if not a new album, for people like me who were too young to be able to go and see them live. Sorry, that sounds like I'm demanding it as if they haven't done enough for their fans. Perhaps the "at least" was unecessary. In the time it took me to type that I could have just deleted the "at least".

P.S. Did anybody else find the Get cape, wear cape, fly cover insulting?

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2006, 09:54:16 pm »
I was thinking the same thing funnily enough, a best of CD could be a great way of testing the market and a short tour to follow across the UK would shut everyone up who annoys the members of the band by always asking about them getting back together.

Sadly as much as I would like to see a reformation of the band, too much time has gone by and all the members have moved on. Maybe we should e-mail Infectious and keep bothering them about a best of CD, the From Here You Can See Yourself CD was kind of hard to find and too quickly released so maybe now would be a good time for such an effort.

I receive an astonishing amount of e-mail from people saying how much they loved Cable plus loads of messages from the SubLingual Myspace site so there are a lot of people out there still who still love the music, I just can?t see the band reforming unless the money is right or it is actually worth there while.

I really would like to go and see them live again though and will always hope that I get the chance again one day

Damon
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:56:00 pm by Damon »
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

superhorse

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 07:06:11 pm »
Cable should have reformed at the same time as the Pixies, those two playing together would surely be the ultimate comeback tour!