Author Topic: Will Cable ever get back together?  (Read 35970 times)

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Will Cable ever get back together?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 02:55:06 am »
DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!! ;D ;D

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 05:53:22 pm »
....and for the 20somethings the kids have since become!  ;)

colderclimate

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 05:58:37 pm »
Damon..

Don't thank us man.. I'm well chuffed I found a Cable site as I was starting to think I'd have to resurrect my old Cable TV site which I used to run.. I spent ages on the flippin' navigation tool so maybe I should.. looks a bit "noob" though :D

There's been a big musical hole in me ever since the boys parted ways and everyone that I pass stuff on to (ahem.. I mean everyone who listens to my cds..) goes "holy crap these guys are brilliant.. what stuff they got out / where can we see them" and I have to re-tell the whole sad tale. Still, I'd only want them to get back together for the right reasons.. I'd say saving music would be a good one but I'm a selfish git in that respect.

Tim

Tim

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 12:37:51 am »
....and for the 20somethings the kids have since become!  ;)

Don't forget us 30somethings ;D

Tim
Hold on there a goddam second!

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 01:26:39 pm »
Just because it hasn?t happened yet doesn?t mean that it never will, from talking to Pete and Richie they both seem up for playing as Cable again. I would like to see at least one last tour if not a reunion but perhaps did have their short time, we?ll always have the music and that after all is the most important thing.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 03:28:10 pm »
Not to sound negative here, but are they allowed to perform using the Cable name again? Werent they forced to split up the court because they coudnt afford the fees..  ??? Im only asking because im curious what the situation was, not in any way trying to put a dmaper on things.  The fact Pete and Ritchie are still both up for it seems to prove me wrong so thats good to know.

Greg

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 05:20:50 pm »
Funny I was talking to Wiskers about this same subject the other week. He seemed to think that all the leagal stuff still applied after he was speaking to Paul Tipler about it. We both came to the conclustion that we just were'nt sure.

We'll just have to wait and see

Greg.

ChrisH

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 05:35:24 pm »
Cats can't speak Greg!  ;)

I think Matt living in Norway has to be the main issue. Unless he decides to move back I can't ever see Cable full-on reforming. I can defintaely see some one off shows in the vein of Kerbdog however.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:37:43 pm by Gojonnygogogogo »

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 06:36:20 pm »
I can defintaely see some one off shows in the vein of Kerbdog however.

What's the score with Kerbdog anyway? I know that they played some shows in Ireland. Hope they play in England again, they were amazing live.

Greg

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 08:10:18 pm »
 Cats can speak. Wiskers from Forward Russia. jonnygogogo

Hope everyones well

Greg.
P.S
Been enjoying the Refused Dvd, David Sandstrom's ace. Wow Cable and Refused on the same bill now there a gig! ;)

ChrisH

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 08:13:42 pm »
What's the score with Kerbdog anyway? I know that they played some shows in Ireland. Hope they play in England again, they were amazing live.

I think i'm right in saying they've only played Ireland so far, at least i bloody hope i am,  but are definately back up and running at least semi-permanently for now.

Much more info here though:

www.kerbdog.com

You can buy a DVD of one of their reunion shows there too. It's pretty decent quality!

Cats can speak. Wiskers from Forward Russia.

Ha ha yeah sorry, i was just being a little facetious in response to your horrendous name droppping!  ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:19:08 pm by Gojonnygogogogo »

Greg

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:44 pm »
Thats fine that why I didn't mention the band name. I've known Wiskers for agers. We're just talking about the tribute album and that how we got on to the subject. I hate name dropping to.

Kerbdog are great.
Greg.

Johnny Mac

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 03:38:11 pm »
I'd love to see Cable back together at some point!

Only saw them live a couple of times up here in Aberdeen.

Hopefully something will happen sometime in the future!

Pete Cable

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 01:54:31 am »
First up - Dog's Flag. One of Richie's sayings - it came off the back of us doing a give away 7 inch on the tour with groop dogdrill, i think - that was called 'wolf table' after a mad piece of art that was a table with a stuffed wolf's head and tail nailed to it that we thought was hilarious. So we just carried on the silly combination of animal+object=art I think. I seem to remember Horse Fez was another favourite.
As for getting back together...it was Matt who went a bit floppy on us because his work schedule was so mental, he just couldn't see how to fit it in and because he's freelance, if he don't work, he don't eat to paraphrase James Brown. As for the legal $hit, we were technically able to perform together again as cable after october 2000, when the contract that had us snared was due to expire. Basically, about 18 months after the original split.

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 05:23:58 pm »
Ahoy!

I had a dream last night that I was watching Cable play and I got on stage to sing Oubliette even though I don't know the words so I just kept repeating the "change your mind/ for the very last time/salt-water reptile/dancing with a friend of mine" bit for the whole song!

A strange dream but maybe it was some kind of premonition of a Cable reunion?  Let's hope so!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton