Author Topic: Will Cable ever get back together?  (Read 35961 times)

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Will Cable ever get back together?
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:28:01 am »
Will Cable ever get back together?
Will they did for one song at the managers funeral. Which I was sad to hear about. (I wonder what song they played?).
It would be good seeing them do a short tour or a gig. I miss feeling the full force of Whisper firing line or God gave me gravity or New set of Bruises or Seventy hitting me in the face or Richies Ride cymbal blowing up my ears!

I hope they can. I wonder how long this stupid legal thing that stopping them playing goes on for before they can do a propper Gig!

So, Will they ever get back together. Englands needs a kick-ass band right now.  ;)

What dose everybody else think?
Greg

RusselAndrews

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Will Cable ever get back together?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:21:11 pm »
The band played a short set with no practise, after not seeing each other for seven years. I?m not sure of the exact set list but I know they listened to a few Cable MP3?s on a mobile phone and then took the stage and played together again.

I would love to see them get back together for a short tour or a one off full length tour but as much as I loved them I wouldn?t want any new material, I?d be worried that it wouldn?t be up to the standard of their first 3 albums. At the very least Cable made 3 great albums and then split before they sucked or wore out their welcome (but while they were still very special)

I?m glad Cable finally have their own site now too, they were too good to be forgotten altogether and I shall keep checking back here for updates to the site.

Russel

Pete Cable

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:43:17 am »
We played whisper firing line and freeze the atlantic. These were martin's favourite songs. we listened to them backstage before we went on on my phone and of course, falling off a log style, we remembered exactly who did what when right there and then, went out and did them full justice.
After that we started serious talks about us reforming, but we always knew that for Matt especially, it would be very difficult. After looking long and hard at a list of provisional dates from our agent, we decided that, at this time, we just couldn't do it for logistical reasons. But we all would like to do so, very much. We've even discussed the option of recording something pavement style - i.e. sending each other material to add our parts to, in order to create new cable material. I know Darius thought it would make for interesting listening, Richie was tentative and wondered how we would promote such a record and I'm note sure what Matt thought at all.

Greg

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 11:52:08 pm »
HI Pete Cable,
                      Your manager had great taste! Whisper Firing Line is an increadible song (Nice work remembering that song, its in 6/4 time if your not careful you could fool yourself in to thinking its in 4 and you'll come out on the 3rd beat of the bar).

All I can say is, You have this web site and The Myspace. How many people have looked at the Myspace page since you set it up. The market is still there!!! Your old record company will still be right behind you because they really loved the band and went out on a limb for you and most important of all the fans are all still there listening to those fine Timeless albums you guys made. Also all the ture Cable fans will Do most of the promotion work for you.

You all know the answer! :)

Greg.   
P.s. Buy Richie a new 'Big Track' then he'll be up for it, for sure ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:32:13 pm by Greg »

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 01:12:49 pm »
Ahoy!

I gotta agree with Greg - the fact that there is now a proper Cable site and a forum 7 years after Cable split shows that there is still big interest in Cable!  This time round, maybe Cable could get the recognition the deserve - by rights, Sub-Lingual should've been huge!

Like Greg says, all the fans would do the promotion and spread the word!

Cheers,

Corporate_Automaton

smnyng

• Novice Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 05:31:52 pm »
Hello.

Pete - what did you mean when you wrote 'Dog's Flag' on my 'Sub-Lingual' album?

It's been bugging me for ages.

Greg

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 12:34:11 am »
Its all most been one week and this site has almost a 1000 views amamzing. There is one hell of a fan base for this band, For sure.!!!

Greg.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 02:50:05 am »
When I started this site I was doubtful if it would have any visitors and that maybe I was the only Cable fan left, within two days I was receiving e-mails from people thanking me for making the site, asking me questions and offering pictures, unreleased songs, and video?s. I have been amazed by how nice everyone has been and by how well this site has been received and i was sent an e-mail today from Darius saying how much he liked the site (which was pretty ace?s).

I have neglected my own band in the making of this site but it became a passion, You can check out our website at www.Psychogenetic.co.uk (sorry for the shameless plug). We have more pictures, video?s and unreleased/live songs to add so keep an eye out for them

A huge thank you should also go to my co-conspirator UKJohnD whose help and patience has been invaluable in helping this site come to fruition

Thank you all for your support

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Greg

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 08:32:04 am »
Alright Damon and UkJohnD,
                       Thank you sirs for this fine site!!
I was going to ask what your band was called. I'll check'em out, hope your playing in Leeds soon I'll come down and whatch.

Greg.                         
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:05:58 am by Greg »

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 01:28:27 pm »
Ahoy!

I think the fact that there have been 100+ views on this thread already suggest that there's quite a bit of interest in a Cable reunion!

Go on, Cable, do it!  Reform and make our lives complete!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Sully

• Novice Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 03:05:30 pm »
I never got the chance to see Cable so i think to get back together for at least a few gigs would be awesome.

I noticed on the drowned in sound site about the tribute album coming out and so i dug out my copy of When Animals Attack to listen to on the way to work the other day. Man, i forgot how good this stuff is.

Nice site by the way!

nav

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 08:55:44 pm »
i was lucky enough to have sporadic email chats with matt recently and it seems that the cable reunion is off for now which is a huge shame. There were tickets actually on sale for a gig in derby at first floor for a couple of days. The idiot promoter put up the tickets even though they hadnt said yes yet and they got pissed off (understandably),,,,i thinkthey couldsell out any decent sized venue especially in london or derby!
Its a fucker as ive had tickets to see cable reform twice now..,,once with hundred reasons when they cancelled and now in derby! oh well theres still hope i guess....

...its amazing that so many people still love them after all these years. Tue testiment to the music

Greg

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 10:38:32 pm »
Thats a shame First floor would have been perfect. The only band they should get from Derby to Support is Twinkie.
What a gig that would be.

Ace

Greg.

mogwai

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 01:22:34 pm »
The second John Peel day on Oct 12th would be an ideal reason for a reunion and tribute to Peely, as the great man loved and continually championed the mighty Cable. How about it chaps?

PlacidCasual

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 02:12:48 pm »
Good point mate, even if it was just a one off type thing.