Author Topic: Cable Rarities  (Read 114508 times)

BoXofSlicE

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cable Rarities
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:27:14 pm »
Hey I noticed that the guy who runs this web-site is looking for Cable rarities. So here is a list of all the rare audio I have. If you (the gaffer) needs any of this pm me or something.

I?m posting this in the forum because I was wondering if there is anything out there at the moment that I?m missing

Thanks

(Early Demos)

Extra Limbs
Blindman
Choice

(Krunch Vinyl)

Hydra
Sale of the Century
Oubliette
Seventy

(Cloud 9 - Select Magazine Mixtape)

Action Replay Replay (24.2.96 Peel Session)
Steer

(Acoustic)

Seventy

(John Peel Sessions)

Seventy
Give em what they want
Sports cars and devil worship
Deadwood for green
Alice (oubliette)

24.8.95 (Live at Reading)

Sale of the Century
Seventy
Oubliette
Hydra
Untitled New Song (Apparently)

God gave me gravity
Freeze the atlantic
The (we did the sprite ad) blues
Ring of fire

Hexegon eye
Blackmail (brothers + sisters)
Honolulu
A ball is a ball whichever way

(Live Sets)

Freeze the Atlantic
Seventy
Blue Birds are Blue
Hexagon Eye
Souvenir
Oubliette
(Oxford Zodiac 29.10.97)

Colder Climate
Seventy
New Set of Bruises
Apparently
Choice
Oubliette

(Bournemouth Uni 30.2.96)

(Demos)

Vertigo
Hexagon Eye
Arthur Walker
Midget
Yesterday of the Horizon

(7? Tracks)

Vertigo
Apparently

(Live Promo) (was at one time for sale on eil.com, does anyone know the date of this recording?)

Blue Birds are Blue
Ultraviolet
Oubliette
Freeze the Atlantic

(98 Demo)

Rick Wakeman
One for the Ladies Stallion
Midget
Tarzan
Untitled Instrumental

From Here you can see yourself

Oubliette (different to the down lift version)

I have Action Replay Replay form the 24.2.96 Peel Session but I heard that there was 3 more tracks from this session.

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cable Rarities
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 03:40:31 pm »
Id love to hear those peel sessions, especially the early ones and the live stuff too.  That reading set looks ace!!

Rob

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 03:45:04 pm »
ah, Oubliette live at Reading. now that's something everyone should hear.  :D
Open doors, open doors; all the simple things are yours.

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 05:45:17 pm »
That's pretty much complete as far as i'm aware. The only things I could add would be the last Derby show at the Vic Inn and Freeze and Pocket Promise instore acoustic but, even then, those were bootlegged onto a minidisc.

The live promos of which you speak are from: 29.8.97
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 05:47:11 pm by Gojonnygogogogo »

Jezmyers

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 06:48:37 pm »
i've sent a copy of ALL the peel session tracks to Damon so they should be up on here sometime.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:08:38 pm »
I have been sent sooooo much stuff and there is even more on the way, for now please be patient it will all be posted. I have all of the unreleased stuff, the complete Peel sessions, the Oxford Zodiac, Bournemouth University and Reading festival shows, demo?s, the When Animals Attack short film and much more.

Thank you for waiting

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:35:37 am »
I have some more early demos, on top of those 3 listed there...

01 Tangle
02 Extra Limbs
03 Underwater
04 Temporary Shelter
05 Afterthought
06 Choice

I don't know if these are correct names, but if they're any use to anyone, let me know.
@jake74

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 11:54:30 am »
oh, and I also have the last recorded demos, but I've always wondered about this... the numbering of the tracks I have are missing a few, look

02 Rick Wakeman.mp3
03 One for the ladies (stallion).mp3
04 Midget.mp3
06 Tarzan.mp3
07 Instrumental untld.mp3

Does that mean there was a track 1 and 5? Maybe more after 7?
@jake74

Martin

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 05:56:09 pm »
oh, and I also have the last recorded demos, but I've always wondered about this... the numbering of the tracks I have are missing a few, look

02 Rick Wakeman.mp3
03 One for the ladies (stallion).mp3
04 Midget.mp3
06 Tarzan.mp3
07 Instrumental untld.mp3

Does that mean there was a track 1 and 5? Maybe more after 7?

I think that was me that put those on tinternet a while ago, did you get them off a single page?

The first track was Vertigo, five had the end cut off it, and it was already on the album, was it "Last something on the horizon".... can' remamber the song title....

My friend Nav got them off Darius a few years ago....

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:17:12 pm »
I didn't download them, I either got sent them on a CD, or had a cassette tape with them numbered like that (I can't remember, was so long ago). Either way I got the from a mate of Pete's in Derby.
@jake74

nicof

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 07:24:57 pm »
Does anyone have the Golden Graham's (or was it Weetos?) sampler CD with honolulu on it?

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 09:22:34 pm »
Does anyone have the Golden Graham's (or was it Weetos?) sampler CD with honolulu on it?

Woah! That is a hardcore collectors item - respect to anyone with that in their collection!!  ;D

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 09:39:18 pm »

I heard that Gorilla were once on free cereal CD, didn't know about Cable though...then again i'm not a fan of either cereal so how would I of known? I prefer coco pops..

PlacidCasual

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 10:04:58 pm »
Im sad. I have both, the other one has 'A' on it.  I used both  cd's   to balance a shelve for a while. You see them all the time in bargain bins in second hand cd shops. The other tracks on them are crap. Maybe space raiders i need the disko docor being the exception. Anyway they were not bad for a cereal freebie. It was Golden Grahams coz i used to love them and was quite surprised when i saw a cd with cable on it attached to the box.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 11:16:18 pm »
I?d never heard about Cable and A being on CD?s that were given away in cereal boxes, I never eat breakfast and kind of wish I had now. Surely Freeze The Atlantic would have been a slightly more appropriate breakfast song ?. that or Murdering Spree!

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder