Author Topic: Cable Rarities  (Read 114543 times)

jake74

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • System Error
Re: Cable Rarities
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 10:57:15 pm »
well look what I've found... more "Last Ever Recordings"!

I found these on a back up of an old hard drive (I never throw anything away)

01 1870.m4a
02 Tribal.m4a
03 Cape Fear.m4a
04 Tarzan.m4a
05 Vertigo (from Arthur Walker Vinyl).m4a

1870 is like an unplugged version of Seventy, very down-tempo
Tribal = Tarzan off the other "Last Ever Recordings"
Cape Fear = Rick Wakeman, but sounds a little different
Tarzan is very slow, but NOT the same as Tribal/other Tarzan
Vertigo, no idea why this is on the list, my mate might have just banged it on since it's the vinyl version.

The mix quality suggets that these have been done properly in a studio to a degree, better than the other set of Final Recordings, so I guess I'll call this lot, "The Final, Final Recordings"!
@jake74

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 11:08:55 am »
Hey Jake, have you got links where we can listen to these by any chance?
Quite interested to hear them.

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 01:58:53 pm »

Is this the same version up on their myspace page?

I'm interested to hear them, but how do u play tracks in m4a?

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 05:52:36 pm »

m4a can be played in iTunes, its just audio compressed with AAC, slightly better than MP3 at the same bit-rates.

I'll try and up the tracks somewhere
cheers
jake
@jake74

mogwai

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 01:58:06 pm »
Don't know if it's any help to anyone but, the When Animals Attack short film is for sale on Ebay although the auction runs out soon.

Rick Wakeman

• BOMBSITE
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 10:56:04 pm »

m4a can be played in iTunes, its just audio compressed with AAC, slightly better than MP3 at the same bit-rates.

I'll try and up the tracks somewhere
cheers
jake
Feel free to upload them here.  I may even be able to convert them to mp3 if anyone can't play m4a files.

Johnny Mac

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 04:52:48 pm »
I'd love to get a copy of these tracks for a listen if anyone is willing to send me them.

Didn't realise there was more stuff to hear!

FireSka

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • The Ash Files
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 12:50:38 am »
Hey, I just found this board.  It's great to know there are still Cable fans around.   Is there a way someone can send me some of those demos?  (You can PM me a link from a sendspace.com upload or I can give you my e-mail via PM.) I think I have all of the b-sides but I'd never heard of those demos until now!!
-FireSka-
Ash Bootlegs & Rare Media @ The Ash Files - http://www.ashfiles.com

Johnny Mac

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 10:52:55 am »
Has anyone got these demos available to download yet?

FireSka

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • The Ash Files
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 02:52:15 pm »
Has anyone got these demos available to download yet?

I was able to find a few:
- Untitled Instrumental
- Extra Limbs
- Midget
- One For THe Ladies (Stallion)
- Rick Wakeman
- Tarzan

Send me a PM and I'll reply with a sendspace link for download.
-FireSka-

Pete Cable

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 01:13:21 am »
This is insane... you talk about titles that are little more than a vague memory to me...
I don't remember us calling anything 'Tarzan'... but I suppose we must have. I think the stuff you're all referring to as 'the final recordings' are b-sides we intended to use that we did at Andy Sneap's place. He recorded Dinky and the other b-sides from that period. We also did a recording with him that was totally live and was meant for use in radio interviews as 'exclusive session tracks' - the idea was that we would tour regional radio stations, the local indie show person would interview us and then claim we were going to play live for them in the studio (all very underhand, this showbiz lark) and they'd actually play the tape. This session is where the 'From Here' version of Oubliette comes from.

What I really can't believe is that you have material like 'Afterthought'  - how do you lot find this stuff? Songs that never left the practise room! (The 'placeholder' lyrics are 'piece of wood, piece of wood, piece of wood, piece of wood, sellotape')

I'd forgotten that Oubliette was once called 'Alice' and I'm glad it looks like no-one has a copy of 'mouse with wings man'. ;)

I would really love a copy of the Oxford point show with Old Peely on - would someone be happy to do me one? I have to have the intro bit, where he says 'with their hearts on their sleeves and their eyes on the stars, it's cable!'
I miss him dearly... :'(

FireSka

• The Ash Files
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 02:05:14 am »
hmm , what is "Afterthought"?

Tarzan goes something like "It's easier to see, ? more to me than great.  Insecurity is easier to me.  A frozen vegetable. ? long distance call.  Eternally preserved.  Impossible to see.  I cannot replace a seven legged sack race.  No one wants their future pressed against a clock face.  I love Januaray", etc...

Is that one not called Tarzan?

Would you have any idea what the untitled instrumental is called Pete?  It's 5:20 and resembles Brothers And Sisters a little.  Maybe I should post some samples...
-FireSka-

Pete Cable

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 10:22:40 am »
It would be good if you could post some samples. It might help jog the old grey cells... some of those words vaguely mean something to me - though i'm baffled by the title - usually songs had working titles that referred to the way they sounded, e.g. tribal probably had some floor tom based drum pattern. Sometimes songs that you know now were actually 2 seperate songs that we suddenly discovered went together well and we made one decent one out of 2 not so brilliant ideas. Afterthought was like a throwaway intro piece, about 2 min long - I don't think even Cooper got to play it - it had a great riff but never developed past being a bit of throw away warm up material. It was way cool though and I've often thought of nicking that and extra limbs while no-ones looking... ;D

Rick Wakeman

• BOMBSITE
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 11:42:41 pm »
Hey, Fireska, any chance you could upload them to http://bombsite.org/bs/share.php?directory=CABLE so we can all have a listen?  :)

FireSka

• The Ash Files
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 01:21:42 am »
Clicking below will take you straight to a folder with direct links to all of the Cable demos I have that I've just uploaded:

http://ashfiles.com/cable/

Pete, maybe you can confirm the titles? Can you or anyone else post any other demos??  I'd love to hear those other ones metioned  :)

If you lack webspace you can e-mail them to me at xfireskax at gmail.com and I'll upload them to that folder.  I have unlimited webspace.   Or just upload them to www.sendspace.com and post the links!

And yes, I am the moderator of Ash Files.  If you like Ash, check it out!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:25:14 am by FireSka »
-FireSka-