Whats your personal Fave?

Downlift The uP Trodden
4 (30.8%)
When Animals Attack
7 (53.8%)
Sublingual
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Favourite Cable album  (Read 14624 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Favourite Cable album
« on: September 04, 2006, 03:47:41 pm »
Which one do you like the most? I know theyre all ace, but seeing as theyre all quite different, do you prefer the raw punkier sounds of down lift, the more avant garde noise of When Animals Attack, or the more catchy punk pop  (rubbish description i know  :P ) songs on Sublingual?? 
Its a very difficult choice coz they are all ace but im putting my vote on DownLift The Up Trodden.

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Favourite Cable album
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 05:04:44 pm »
Animals for me!

Greg

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 05:23:07 pm »
I'm standing on the fence on this one I like Down Left and Animals attack ;D

Greg

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »
If i had to choose i'd actually have to say Sub-Lingual

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:40:43 am »
Ahoy!

Hmmm.  Sub-lingual!  No, When Animals Attack!  No, definitely Sub-lingual!  Or maybe Down-lift?  Hmmm.....! 

Ahhh!  It's too hard to pick! 

I think I'd say Sub-lingual was my favourite but maybe I'll vote for When Animals Attack because its got Ultra Violet on it (all-time best song ever written).  I'll tell you what, I'll do it scientifically - which ever album has the most tracks in my top ten most listened to on my iPod will win... [goes to check iPod]

And, the winner is: Sub-Lingual! (6 songs in my top-ten against WAA's 3, although number 1 and 2 most listened to are Ultra Violet and Bluebirds are Blue)

Man, that was really tough!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Benj

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 01:47:49 pm »
This is such a ridiculously hard question.  ???

Let's face it - they've not made a bad one, but I think in last place i'll put 'Sub-Lingual' because there are a couple of ropey (in Cable terms) tracks in the middle (i.e. 'Yesterday On The Horizon', 'Land Speed Record') which I am ashamed to admit, I have been known to skip.

'Downlift...' comes in second, because it's much more raw and shouty, and spawned some cracking B-sides ('Deadwood...', 'Sports Cars...')

But overall, in terms of 'theresabsolutelynothingwrongwiththisalbum' type stuff, it has to be 'When Animals Attack' as the best album. There's simply not a bad track on there... B-Sides off of the singles are ALL brilliant, and I was having a ball back in 1997 and it reminds me of good times and better times. And it's the only one that I still play regularly now.

Rambling, but honest. That's me.

B

PlacidCasual

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 02:56:57 pm »
Likewise Benj, i found it very hard to decide between down lift and when animals attack, especially because when animals attack was the album i first discovered cable with and saw them tour and holds many great memories from around that time when i was younger and more care free.
Its just when i soon after got hold of downlift it blew me away with its raw, loud, unbelieveably good melodies with lots of shouting and fast guitars, it sounds like a bands first album without too much production, these songs dont need polished!  Of course when animals did carry a load of classics.... as did sublingual (though i do agree there was a couple of dodgy songs but did show Cable developing their song writing skills) so i know its a hard choice.
Which is a true testament to how good  Cable were coz a lot of other bands make one great album and then a whole load of medicore ones after and fans can easily choose their best album by them... Now im rambling too!  ;D

gurdak

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 11:30:58 pm »
Its a tough one to call as each album kindof suits different moods for me. Personally i like the raw sound of downlift, the bass sound is my favourite and the general sound is most suited to my taste. So downlift wins in  the photo finish with when animals and sub lingual trailing just behind..
I'm also gonna say that i noticed "signature tune" is the most like downlift on when animals, coincidence? ???

Si

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 12:22:26 am »
I agree with Benj, a couple of ropey songs on sublingual mean Animals Attack get my vote. Don't hate me  :-[

Alec

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 09:37:00 am »
Uplift. It had loads of raw energy. So my favourite is the earliest even if my favourite track is Midget - one of the last things they did.