Author Topic: Top work chaps  (Read 16041 times)

red93

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Top work chaps
« on: August 10, 2006, 08:31:53 pm »
Nice work on the site fella   ;D Great so finally see a rocking tribute to Derby''s finest.

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Top work chaps
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:03:44 am »
I second Red's comment!!!

Greg.

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:56:26 pm »
Agreed!  Sweet site, dudes and nice forum - it'll be good to talk to other Cable fans!

Now all we need to do is get to work on getting Cable to reform and play a few more gigs!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 11:41:16 pm »
Its mad after all these years a cable forum should appear, back in the day i thought i was one of only a handful of fans, the more ive read though its obvious there really was quite a following.

Greg

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 11:06:38 am »
Hi,
   Its a shame not more poeple are siging on to the forum. Its really great. maybe the word needs to be spread more about the site and push the forum more (which is popping up everywhere I look).

Keep up the great work on the site. Its really nice to see/ hear everything thats on there! ;D

Greg.

ukjohnd

• Administrator
    • Hexagon Eye
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 03:30:41 pm »
Hi,
   Its a shame not more poeple are siging on to the forum. Its really great. maybe the word needs to be spread more about the site and push the forum more (which is popping up everywhere I look).

Keep up the great work on the site. Its really nice to see/ hear everything thats on there! ;D

Greg.

Cheers Greg,
 We're up to 10 members of the forum excluding myself and Damon in two weeks, we've both been really impressed with just how many hardcore cable fans are still out there and f***ing awesome every one  has been.

Damon's also had quite of a lot of emails saying thanks and some really cool offers of Cable stuff to post on the site. Hopefully we'll see the content grow and grow. Most the traffic is coming in from myspace and drowned in sound at the moment and they are the people who really look around the site. 

I was also going to try and figure out a way of putting a ticker of the latest forum posts on the front page to drum up interest, some people will just want to read and not participate in the forum tho and thats cool too. I'm also trying to make the site as search engine friendly as possible "under the hood" to help it rise up the "google" rankings.

If you guy's can post/link about the site and forum around the old Internet on music sites/myspace/bands boards that can only help it build  pulling in cable fans old and new. It's early days and with you guys/gals help we should hopefully be able to evolve this into something pretty cool.

Cheers again
John
Website Admin / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 07:35:55 pm »
Its a good point, it can take a while for a forum to take off to start with, especially for a band that split up several years ago, a lot of people wont't expect there to be a forum for them. Like i havent really searched for anything on the web about cable for years as i didnt expect there to be anything, it was only by chance through drowned in sound i heard about the covers album to my greta delight which ultimately led me to this site too.  Im sure thet'l start to crawl out of the woodwork over time.

Martin

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 11:30:08 am »
Good work on the site, it is very ace.

Could you not get Cable to make it  their main site on Myspace, you can put a link on can't you?