Author Topic: Marks out of ten for each track off the new Cable tribute album  (Read 67133 times)

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Marks out of ten for each track off the new Cable tribute album
« on: September 04, 2006, 12:58:46 am »
Over the next few weeks each track is going to be previewed on the Cable tribute album page so I think it would be intreasting to see who's done the best cover of the the album?

Basice critiria are:- Orginality, keeping the songs theme, or most simular to the oringal. and its out of ten too.

Get voting people ::)

Greg.

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Marks out of ten for each track off the new Cable tribute album
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:33:51 pm »
Has anyone listened to the God Gave Me Gravity cover yet?  Im at work i cant listen to it till later. If it's up that is.

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 05:05:23 pm »
Not up yet - probably processing or something, fu*king Myspace!

Greg

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:26:32 pm »
It's not up yet I checked it about 12:30 last night and it was'nt up and then again at 10:00 and then at 3:00 this afternoon and its still not up. Myspace is being shit, or that stupid manager has got his fingers in! Hope not.

I'm looking forward to hear it

Greg.

PlacidCasual

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:28:21 pm »
Its says the track is now up but i cant seem to find a link to actually listen to it  :-\

siganturetune

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 10:02:33 pm »
hey

i'm havinga  bit of bother with myspace. i tried to upload it sunday, didnt work, so ive tried again today and it still doesnt work. just says its processing......hhmmmm. i guess i'll leave it overnight and take it from there!

siganturetune

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 11:20:29 pm »
ok, until i sort this out, could be tmw, could be never, go here instead...

http://www.signaturetune.co.uk/01.mp3

easing you in gently.....

Benj

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 01:38:11 pm »
it's up and it's pretty good. i give it a 7 - mainly cos it sounds like the original (no bad thing obviously).

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 01:44:14 pm »
I preferred Swound?s cover of Honolulu and would give that a 7, God Gave Me Gravity is a straight cover which is ok but I really don?t think the vocals suit the song at all so I only give it a 4

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Benj

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 01:57:36 pm »
4 huh?

Nice screaming towards the end though. I'll stick with 7. Even if it means I have to give all the rest 10 when they get put up there.

Just a quick question by the way - and apologies if it's been answered elsewhere - but where exactly will one be able to purchase said record. 7 weeks away it may be, but i am preparing myself.

Ben

siganturetune

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 02:06:42 pm »
ok up on myspace now.....
By the way, we started with this one to ease in gently, the album is a nice mix of stright up versions like this, and some more out there versions, you'll get a glimpse of one of those when the tellison track goes up next week....

siganturetune

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 02:25:10 pm »
oh and the CD should be able to buy in most shops. but will also be avaliable from the site and myspace too, you'll ahve no trouble finding it...

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 03:19:06 pm »
How much will the album cost to purchase?

Damon

PlacidCasual

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 07:12:46 pm »
To be honest after hearing that i think im looking forward to the more out there versions. 
That just sounded like a local pub band covering it, it wasnt bad, i just think it would have sounded better if inflight had added some of their style to it, a bit like when a dance producer remixes a track for someone, they're going to make it sound different using some of the original so it is still identifiable but also adding new sounds and giving it a new angle. (good producers that is).  Just my opinion, im still oooking forward to the rest.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:14:20 pm by PlacidCasual »

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 07:46:41 pm »
That?s my feeling exactly, if your going to cover a song you give it your own twist otherwise you might as well listen to the original. I?m sure not all the tracks on the album will be this dull and I?m looking forward to hearing how the other bands have interpreted the other songs.

The Honolulu cover had at least some of the bands spirit in it whereas God Gave Me Gravity was a rather dull straight cover ? and I still don?t like the vocals at all, funnily enough after hearing it again I think my mark of 4 was actually quite generous.

Damon