Author Topic: Missing track names in the audio section  (Read 12435 times)

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Missing track names in the audio section
« on: August 26, 2006, 06:12:19 pm »
Hey guys! I'm a newb here (found you through Wikipedia) but a massive old-skool Cable fan from way back in the day (god, i sound like Westwood!) Brilliant site and a fitting testament to the Cabes!

In case you didn't know - 'Unknown' 's real name from the audio section is 'Dead Wood for Green' and 'Unknown2' 's is 'Steer'. Unknown3, you got me! Could it be 'Blackmail', possibly, or 'A Ball Is A Ball Whichever Way You Look At It' ??

Apologies if you already knew this, don't mean to step on any toes!   :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 06:55:02 pm by Gojonnygogogogo »

Tim

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Missing track names in the audio section
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:19:28 pm »
"A Ball Is A Ball Whichever Way You Look At It" could have been an early alternative title for "Comprendez?" as that was the title John Peel announced it as when he played their last Peel session. Also on that session he announced a track called "Blackmail" which turned up on Sublingual as "Brothers And Sisters".

I managed to get a tape of Sublingual in 1998 via an old aquaintance and this also had some different titles for the tracks and in a slightly different running order. Either that he copied it when his CD player was on shuffle mode! It went as follows:-

Song 1
Ghostbusters (Pocket Promise)
Hexagon Eye
Honolulu
Brothers And Sisters
Land Speed Record
Widower
Arthur Walker
Harvey (Yesterday On The Horizon)
Autobahn Head
Sublingual (Comprendez?)

I think Vertigo was possibly going to be used as the b-side for Honolulu.

Don't know whether this info helps or just confuses matters even more :-\

Cheers

Tim

Hold on there a goddam second!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 12:16:25 pm »
"A Ball Is A Ball Whichever Way You Look At It" could have been an early alternative title for "Comprendez?" as that was the title John Peel announced it as when he played their last Peel session. Also on that session he announced a track called "Blackmail" which turned up on Sublingual as "Brothers And Sisters".

Yeah dude, i remember that session,  I think A Ball is a ball whatever way you look at it is a great name for a track! Its certainly very true  ;D  Maybe there wasnt enough space for it to be printed on the tracklisting  ??? I remember Peel saying he thought it sounded a bit like Blur which i agree with, especially Matts vocals.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:04:39 am »
I think that this is definitely something that Pete could help with, when he?s back he?ll hopefully be able to help out with this

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Tim

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:14:08 pm »
Whoops!

Just realised Vertigo was a B-side to the Arthur Walker 7" not Honolulu so disregard what I mentioned in the above post while I go and hang my head in shame in a corner of a very dark room :-[ :-[

Cheers

Tim

Hold on there a goddam second!