Author Topic: Demos/Unreleased CD now available online!  (Read 22733 times)

nuclear

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Demos/Unreleased CD now available online!
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:26:51 pm »
For those who missed the gigs or didn't get to pick up one of the tour CDs, Banquet Records are selling the rest of the stock online for ?4.99 - there's currently only 19 copies left though so it's probably best not to hang about:
http://www.banquetrecords.com/cable2012

colderclimate

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Demos/Unreleased CD now available online!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »
Did anyone pick up multiple copies?? I can't BELIEVE I missed this at the show but I suppose I was so damn excited to get there I didn't even bother looking - the merch stand seemed to be just the HR triple vinyl and live CD stuff.. so I missed it and now I'm a sad panda.

Happy to pay over the odds. Ok, a slight lie.. happy to pay the ?5 and postage or whatever.. just been flagellating myself since seeing the Banquet Records site list the copies remaining as a big fat 0 and eBay list none either.

BoXofSlicE

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04:25 am »
Love the cd and the fact we now have 3 of the 98 demo tracks at good quality, wish they had the other two tracks and maybe a decent rip of vertigo, steer and tangle.

markholl

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:52:59 am »
Ack, I can't believe i missed this. Think i've heard most of them but would love to hear the 'yesterday on the horixon' demo! Can anyone help me out, if they got a spare or even a digital copy, more than happy to pay, even if theres a way to send cable the cash for a digital one if not a real one!

Human Child

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:36:38 pm »
They are all now sold out and I am going to cry, like a baby, like a little baby.....

rp61

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:59 am »
There are more copies of this cd back up for purchase...
http://www.banquetrecords.com/cable2012
My copy is due any day now :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:10:04 am by rp61 »

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:33:40 pm »
When i interviewed the band at the forum i got them all to sign a copy of the demos and unreleased stuff to give away on the radio show i was involved with. At the last minute i suddenly though "damn, i should have just kept it for myself" but gave it away. I stole the "Cable dressing room" sign on my way out so that cheered me up.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:09:41 am by Damon »
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

rp61

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 01:04:33 am »
When i interviewed the band at the forum i got them all to sign a copy of the demos and unreleased stuff to give away on the radio show i was involved with. At the last minute i suddenly though "damn, i should have just kept it for myself" but gave it away. I stole the "Cable dressing room" sign on my way out so that cheered me up.
When I first saw the scan of that signed cd on the front page,
the last thing i'd have suspected was that the owner had plans to give it away,
even if it was on a radio show... You lunatic  :o
A generous, thoughtful lunatic though  ;D

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 04:29:18 pm »
lol thanks. I have a huge when animals attack promotional poster that is signed by the band, as is my copy of when animals attack. I also have some tickets from back in the day that they all signed too. So giving away the signed CD just felt like a nice thing to do, i was shocked by how many people text in trying to win it.

rp61

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 02:55:38 pm »
lol thanks. I have a huge when animals attack promotional poster that is signed by the band, as is my copy of when animals attack. I also have some tickets from back in the day that they all signed too. So giving away the signed CD just felt like a nice thing to do, i was shocked by how many people text in trying to win it.
Cool! Yeah I kinda suspected you must already have signed stuff to give something so precious away.
Still, an honourable thing to do though, and it makes me happy to know the 'radio give-away' prize turned into very much a popular wanted item. I'm curious, where was the radio show based?

My Demos And Unreleased Songs cd turned up on Wednesday, it's great to hear those tracks.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »
I was part of Express FM for about 4 years. The station is based in Portsmouth. The last show we ever did was all Cable. Was kind of fun and kind of a nightmare, met some very cool people and some absolute twats. I did get to see many awesome bands for free and received countless free music so was worth it for that.

I got to interview Frank Turner (before he became a complete sell out) Pulled Apart By Horses (3 times) Cable, Dinosaur Pile-Up, The Twang, Levellers, Hadouken, Admiral Fallow, Band Of Skulls, The Quails, Inpiral Carpets, The Lost Prophets and many more that i have long forgotten. I have an impressive collection of signed CD's and vinyl. For some reason i Have multiple signed copies of Pulled Apart By Horses and Band Of Skulls debut albums.

I have many "arsehole celebrity" stories but can't post them as i don't want sued

daryltaylor

• God Gave Me Gravity
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 12:09:42 am »
I'm also a fan of signed stuff as Cable will testify too after following them around at most their gigs asking for signatures. Got nearly all my Cable collection signed now. Got loads of different bits of memorabilia signed over the years at gigs and signings. Looks great framed too! Just got into Pulled Apart By Horses, little bit late but like there stuff!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 11:24:46 am »
I've got some signed Pulled Apart By Horses vinyl and CD's from interviewing them a few times. I really liked the first album ... not so much the second one though