Author Topic: Beer before The Garage.  (Read 13633 times)

mogwai

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Beer before The Garage.
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »
Only 5 days to go and i can't bloody wait!!!

Prior to the gig of the year i, and a few friends and family, will be having a couple of beers in The Famous Cock (right outside Highbury & Islington tube station) so, are any of you fellow forumites planning to have a beer in there?

Cheers,

Rowan.

Si

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Beer before The Garage.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:54:36 pm »
I'll be looking for an establishment with my hotch potch of friends for a few before, sounds like a plan...

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:11 am »
If i get to london early enough i'll be up for a drink and a chat
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

mogwai

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »
Well then, if anyone wants to put face to name i'll be in my old Whisper Firing Line t-shirt which only comes out on special occasions, ie Cable gigs. Lets hope it doesn't get put away forever!

Cheers,

Rowan.

PlacidCasual

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:29:33 am »
I have never been to London before, well not since i was about 5.  So i have no idea where anywhere really is (including tube stations), but i am meeting a friend and I'll see if he knows this bar and if it is anywhere near where we are we could maybe drop by and say hello.

I missed on getting a firing line tshirt, i binned my when animals attack one years ago sadly due to severe shrinking and it making me look like a grown man wearing a child's tshirt.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 12:50:41 pm »
I have no idea where the pub is either but i'll keep an eye out for the tube station. I have a red and black striped dennis the menace style jumper, i'll wear that as it should help me stand out. So if you see someone with short blonde hair, glasses and a striped jumper just come and grab me ... this of course hinges on me being able to find the place. If not come and say hello if you see me inside the venue.

I drove to derby and the forum gigs on my own so it would be nice to actually meet up with some of the forum members and not see cable for a third time on my own.

mogwai

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »
Hi Si, Placidcasual, Damon, Forumites,

The Famous Cock is the nearest pub to the venue, only about 50 yards from it, and almost anyone around the area will know where it is. I'll be in there until 8pm, as i want to see Cold Pumas, so if you make it....come and say hi.

Cheers,

Rowan.

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:10:52 pm »
it's going to be a bit of a flying visit from me. I get into Victoria Station at 7.30pm and then bus back to Derby at 23:30,  i'm broke but no way missing the gig. I got return bus tickets from Derby for ?2!

Ex-Bivouac are one of the support bands, i used to love them, look forward to hearing them if i get there in time.

If anyone sees me say hi, met a few hardcore fans at the derby and London gig last time, not sure if any were you? hopefully it won't be the last time www.facebook.com/grant.millward

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 11:50:49 pm »
This is why i didn't link my facebook page picture - http://www.facebook.com/DamonMarcusGiles

Si

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 12:41:33 pm »
I look like this without the smile...

https://www.facebook.com/simon.clemenson.7

daryltaylor

• God Gave Me Gravity
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 01:53:09 pm »
Nearly there guys! Should make it to the pub too hopefully. Be good to meet you lot!

Si

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 03:08:37 pm »
I'll be there from 5ish

daryltaylor

• God Gave Me Gravity
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 06:54:03 pm »
I'm in the Cock Pub now, got an In Flames hoodie on & Cable t-shirt.