Author Topic: anyone seen seventy (and other rare) videos?  (Read 19854 times)

nav

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
anyone seen seventy (and other rare) videos?
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:00:03 pm »
i remember seeing a seventy video aages ago on yahoo videos i think which was o them walking around in a park or somethingspliced in with footage from their tour....

there was a blue birds are blue video too which was bits from the waa vid....was there a whisper firing line vid?

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: anyone seen seventy (and other rare) videos?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:40:58 pm »
Hi Check what Damon said,
                                           Pete's getting all the videos digitised so they may appear on the site.  ;D

Greg.

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:41:32 pm »
i remember seeing a seventy video aages ago on yahoo videos i think which was o them walking around in a park or somethingspliced in with footage from their tour....

there was a blue birds are blue video too which was bits from the waa vid....was there a whisper firing line vid?

Yeah theres a whisper firing Line Video, i have it on VHS. Its cable walking round a park / maze and has footage of them on tour... are u sure it wasnt the video for this and not Seventy as they sound very similar?

I was wondering if there were ever videos made for the singles from  downlift...

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 12:57:39 am »
The Whisper Firing Line Video was shot at the Hampton Court Palace maze and was interspersed with live shots, it was simple but rather aces. I also remember the Bluebirds Are Blue video, shot inside a mocked up prison which I?m assuming was meant to tie in with the When Animals Attack short film and the live e.p.

We will have all the videos here soon including the short film, I have also got some live CD?s, the complete Peel sessions and yet more pictures on the way plus even more Cable rarities.

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 01:25:14 pm »
Damon

What an ace score! i nevr thought id get the chance to ever hear any of the peel sessions again, i have the live one they did i taped off the radio but the tapes long chewed  >:( Id definately love to hear the others they done too, aswell as live stuff. Top stuff!!

nav

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 03:43:02 pm »
its the whisper firiing line video i was talking about not seventy as previosult mentioned....cant wait til all these vids are online. Im sure Petes got some live videos knocking around too, cuz we were meant to do some swops but never got round to it.
I have a vhs of cable on superock small interview and small live clip but dont have a clue howe to transfer these to digital

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:23:39 pm »
I also remember the Bluebirds Are Blue video, shot inside a mocked up prison which I?m assuming was meant to tie in with the When Animals Attack short film and the live e.p.

Yeah the vid is the full version of the Bluebirds prison performance, from the start of WAA film just before Vincent Regan goes mental, mixed in with excerpts from the rest of the film. In between cuts to and from them playing you get all of the other classic bits like Richie grabbing Regan by the collar, Darius's 'You gotta get out, i'll make the call' line and the guys all blindfolded etc.  Great vid from an even better film!

I'm lucky enought to have WAA film followed by BBAB vid on an old VHS i taped off Alternative Nation. Remember that show!?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 06:30:50 pm by Gojonnygogogogo »

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 11:58:41 pm »
Yeah i taped that (remember Toby Ames?), i loved Matts line at the line at the end when they are tied to the train tracks "i think i hear the tracks buzzing"

Damon

PlacidCasual

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 04:51:46 pm »
So can anyone confirm if there were ever videos made for Seventy or Blindman? 

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 05:22:03 pm »
This is probably something Pete can help us with, I know definitely that there were videos made for the Bluebirds Are Blue, Whisper Firing Line and Arthur Walker singles. I wonder what the video for Honolulu would have been like.

Damon

PlacidCasual

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 06:41:02 pm »
And to add to that there were videos for freeze the atlantic, again edited clips from the when animals attack movie, and on of my favourites God Gave Me Gravity which has Cable rocking out on on a street corner and a german shepherd running around, i must dig out those old videos although i could just wait till there put on here  ;)

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 02:41:22 pm »
It's really weird, the Whisper and God videos totally passed me by! I'm sure they must have been on Alternative Nation back in the day but i never even knew they existed until now! I totally remember the Freeze one though now you mention it - they certainly got their money's worth out of the movie it seems!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 01:11:39 am »
I watched the When Animals Attack short film today as well as the Bluebirds Are Blue video, it?s been so long since I?ve seen either and was amazed by well the film stands up considering how old it is now. Again the videos will be posted soon although some would seem to be rarer and harder to track down than others but in time we should have all of them here.

Damon

PlacidCasual

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 01:06:00 pm »
I watched the When Animals Attack short film today as well as the Bluebirds Are Blue video, it?s been so long since I?ve seen either and was amazed by well the film stands up considering how old it is now. Again the videos will be posted soon although some would seem to be rarer and harder to track down than others but in time we should have all of them here.

Damon

Im sure you're probably sorted for these Damon,  but i have Whisper Firing Line, Freeze The Atlantic, When Animals Attack and God Gave Me Gravity.  If you want to borrow them and you think you can transfer them from video to digital let me know and il fire them your way. Like i say im sure you're probably sorted but if not, it would be nice to be of help.

Alistair

Si

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 12:28:25 am »
I remember seeing 'god gave me gravity' video on mtv years ago. Never seen a cable video until then. It had a greyhound walking down a street and the band in front of a brick wall. Unfortunately that's all I remember. Thanks for posting the links to the others though, nice to finally see them.