Author Topic: manchester gig  (Read 8226 times)

johncf

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
manchester gig
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:24:06 pm »
So, watched cable last night, they only played a.few.songs .... But amazing, truly amazing. How cool is it, for me, to listen to cable for the last 10 + years with no hope of seeing  them  live. And then bam here they are and I loved every minute.

I hope they have it in them to do more gigs at some point as I would love to see a full set, but I can die happy as it is lol.

I I know they come on here now and again so just would like to say thanks to them for doing the shows, giving us a chance to see you live and rocking out.

On a side note they had a demo and unreleased cd for sale.

Incase nobody could make it to the shows I bought an extra one, so if any one wants it first to pm me I guess, first come first served PayPal or post me ?6 and ill send it to you (it was ?5 but need to pay shipping).
been claimed - sorry

Loved everyone chanting cable btw at the end and the band seemed to like it .

I've got a few pictures ill upload later.

edit: couple of pictures here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74259784@N04/sets/72157632088545334/

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:58:04 pm by johncf »

Corporate_Automaton

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: manchester gig
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 11:18:40 am »
Yep I second all of that - it was an awesome gig.  Shame it was a short set (even shorter with the technical hitches) but still damn good. 

I spotted Darius as we were leaving so I had a bit of a chat with him.  He showed me where the Cable merch was - they'd hidden it right in the corner!  I may have mis-heard but I'm sure he suggested they want to do a headline gig in London at some point.  Either way it didn't sound like these were definitely the last gigs ever.  And Darius is a thoroughly nice bloke.

Also, I had a brief chat with Martin (from the support band at Derby) - who seemed a little tired from trekking around the country to check Cable out at all the dates!  Sorry for hassling you Martin but I was high on life after Cable (also I was a little bit 'refreshed' from booze!).

I'd never heard any Hell is for Heroes - they sounded an awful lot like the Deftones to me.  And we didn't stick around for Hundred Reasons.  I think I saw them at Reading one year anyways (2002...?).

I hope you all enjoyed the gigs as much as I did.  Here's hoping for more shows in the future  :)

martin_lindau

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: manchester gig
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »
It was good to talk to you dude! Please don't apologise for hassling me! It was nice to see people for a chat at the gigs after Derby. If you thought I was tired that night, Saturday was something else!! I was on a different planet! It's taken me until now to get over last week, 4 nights of Cable in a row was quite something!!