Author Topic: Interview now up  (Read 14609 times)

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Interview now up
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:22:48 am »
The interview i did with Matt, Darius and Richie is now up here - http://sublingual.co.uk/interviews/cable-interview-london-november-2012/ as well as some pictures from the Derby show - http://sublingual.co.uk/gallery/nggallery/cable-2/derby-show-2012/
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Si

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Interview now up
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:57:21 am »
Thanks Damon for getting it up so quickly (ooo-er). I hope they solve the hello/goodbye/questionmark issue soon as!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:06:46 am »
Great interview.  Not sure iv'e heard many audio interviews with the band before, given how ignored they were by most media back then.

Was it just me who detected a lot of enthusiasm from them about what direction a new cable album might take?

Was great to hear the kramer story, personally the production on when animals attack is my favourite, i think it worked perfectly.

tattooedfeathers

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 01:13:53 pm »
Great interview.  Not sure iv'e heard many audio interviews with the band before, given how ignored they were by most media back then.

Was it just me who detected a lot of enthusiasm from them about what direction a new cable album might take?

Was great to hear the kramer story, personally the production on when animals attack is my favourite, i think it worked perfectly.

Spot on there mate, I think the down lift production recorded at Ripley was good, but animals had a great quality to it. Sublingual (still great) but my least favorite of the 3 as I think the production and material was too pop oriented and was less cabley than the previous albums. Funny that in the interview, the band agreed Arthur Walker was a song they didnt want to play again and it was a very un cabley song.

Maybe sublingual was meant to be more appealing to a wider audience but it drifted away slightly from their best work.

Would be interesting to see the direction of any new material should it ever arise, id buy it if they made a hip hop record, and I despise Hip Hop!

And again, huge credit to Damon for getting the interview, many thanks for that

martin_lindau

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:27:05 pm »
Great interview Damon. Really enjoyed listening to it!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »
There is a lot more audio from that meeting but it will take such a long time to sort out the levels that if i can't quite face it at the moment. Sitting down with the band was a nice way to end the week; especially as it was a week of fantastic highs mixed with some shit; personal news that ultimately ruined the forum show for me.

I will endeavor to get through the remaining audio in the future as there was an awful lot we covered in the couple of hours i spent with the band. After we stopped recording i chatted with Darius and Richie for a while and they both mentioned that they were grateful for this site and that people still care. Genuinely; really nice people.

On a side note; i got to the venue in derby just as the band on before cable were finishing their last song. Was that you martin?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:38:10 pm by Damon »

martin_lindau

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »
Yeah, that was me Damon, I was playing the drums...

Sorry that you've had some bad news :(

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:18:21 am »
Sorry i missed most of your set; thought about saying hello when you all walked offstage but wasn't sure if it was actually you. Hope you enjoyed it; must have been awesome opening for cable?

tattooedfeathers

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 11:16:28 am »
Yeah, that was me Damon, I was playing the drums...

Hey Martin,

You had some good riffs going on there man but to be honest, I was way to focussed on Cable getting on stage. Is all Slow Season stuff instrumental?

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 11:20:30 am »
Cheers for doing the interview and posting it up - it was a great listen.  Cheers for all your hardwork keeping the forum going and all the content you add - it is much appreciated  :)

tattooedfeathers

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »
Cheers for doing the interview and posting it up - it was a great listen.  Cheers for all your hardwork keeping the forum going and all the content you add - it is much appreciated  :)

and so say all of us

martin_lindau

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »
It was pretty crazy to be honest.

Sound checking with your teenage drum hero watching was a bit surreal! Sitting in the back with the rest of the band was also super weird. I also made a pledge to avoid the sound check like the plague, ended up stood in the corner of the room nodding along!!

I was really nervous about playing mainly because I felt dead jammy for being offered the gig and also a little bit not worthy of sharing the same stage as Cable. The response and comments after prove that Cable have really nice fans, I never expected any where near as much noise.

After we'd played I was straight back into crazy fan mode, straight down the font to bop along!! I was proper sodden by the end of it, just like being 15 again!

There are a couple of tunes on here if anyone is interested... http://soundcloud.com/slowseason