Author Topic: what next after these gigs  (Read 11974 times)

tattooedfeathers

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
what next after these gigs
« on: November 25, 2012, 03:38:09 pm »
Seeing the lads live again has completely refreshed my Cable appetite, I have listened to them almost exclusively since god was a boy and the derby gig made me feel like a teen again.

I know they have said this may be a final goodbye and they are busy with other projects, plus its hard logistically to get together with matt and richie abroad all the time, but with tdays techno, im sure they could get over these hurdles. Is supposeit comes down to desire and if they have still got a hunger for doing another cable project.

In my opinion, I think they should try and release a single at some point, maybe a limited run of 1000 copies or something and see how it goes, I know I would rush out to get my hands on any new material.

Theres no pressure doing a single compared to an album and Im sure they had plenty of ideas from the past that never made it onto existing albums etc.

Maybe im being greedy after this run of gigs, especially the headliner at derby which was honeslty my most enjoyable gig ever. However like me,imsure they have left plenty of us hungry for more. There is just nothing out there that can fill the cable void.

So I think Damon should petition them to have a think about working on a single, only release it if and when they are happy with it, no time pressure as they surely realise we are a patient and loyal lot.

Whats thy reckon folks?

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: what next after these gigs
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »
Hey man, glad you enjoyed the gig as much as everyone else that was there.  The topic of future cable material was being discussed in the below thread/  I completely stand by my previous posts, even more so after seeing them live again.  I'm sure damo muttered something in another thread that he'd changed his mind and agreed new material would be a good idea since his original  posts in this thread after seeing them live too!   Basically what you are saying about technology could well be the answer given the distance, i really hope the amazing response these gigs have had make them go away wanting to scratch any itches!

http://forum.sublingual.co.uk/index.php/topic,185.0.html

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:46:13 pm »
The really strange thing was at the Forum gig did didn't feel like it was the end considering it was meant to be their last ever gig.

If they do do anything they will first burn their amps. :)

The thing that struck everyone I was with last night was how do you go back to your day job after that?

Great week of music, Thanks Cable.

...Maybe the most we could hope for an odd festival date here and there. WHO KNOWS????:)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:50:17 pm by Greg »

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:08:20 pm »
I met up with the guys at the forum and ran some questions by Matt, Darius and Richie (very weird walking into the dressing room and being greeted by the four people who created the soundtrack to my teens and early 20's). The audio will be uploaded to the site very soon and covers whats next for Cable, i could tell you what they said but because i'm evil i'm going to make you all wait.

I will however say that the guys were all awesome and it was genuinely a pleasure to chat with them
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:05:04 pm »
very much looking forward to hearing it!

johncf

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 11:13:41 am »
" The audio will be uploaded to the site very soon "

we seem to  have differant meanings for the word soon...

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 02:09:57 pm »
The interview audio should be up later today
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

tattooedfeathers

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »
The interview audio should be up later today

At the very least, and perhaps the most important thing is that fromyour interview Damon,it sounds like the lads enjoyed it. Thats the key to them doing any new stuff, no pressure, no time limits and all about getting a kick out of it all.