Author Topic: Dylan Rubbishes modern music  (Read 15292 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Dylan Rubbishes modern music
« on: August 23, 2006, 01:16:26 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5277574.stm

Has he had his ears covered with cloth or something?? Ok there may be a lot of pish music about but to say theres been nothing great in the last 20 years is just rubbish. The last 20 years has had some amazing records, he's obviously been far too up his own arse to actually notice.

Corporate_Automaton

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Dylan Rubbishes modern music
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:21:59 pm »
Ahoy!

LOL!  He's a 65 year old bloke - that's like asking your nan's opinion on music, she isn't gonna like anything made in like the past 40 years!  No disrespect to Dylan because of course he has made a massive impact on music but I couldn't give a monkey's what his opinion on modern music is.  I played my nan some Fantomas once - suffice to say, she wasn't keen!  LOL!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:27:55 pm »
Very true!

But Bowies pretty ancient now and he likes a lot of modern stuff, as did Johnny Cash. My mum actually likes some of the stuff i like, she even liked Born Slippy....   Bit of a contrast to Simon and Garfunkel.
You're right though i coudnt care what he thinks, i just think he's missed out on some truly great music the last 20 years has had to offer in all genres.

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:21:58 pm »
Ahoy!

Well, like you said, Dylan's missed out on some greats but that's his loss!  All of the music I love most has been made in the past twenty years!  Props to your mum, though - it's good that she's kept an open mind (unlike Dylan!).  I wouldn't be surprised if he was just being controversial to get in the news - I notice that he's got a new album out which obviously needs publicising!

That's true about Bowie and Johnny Cash also John Peel was knocking on a bit (60 ish?) but they all liked modern stuff - Cash even covered a Nine Inch Nails song!  Like you said, when Dylan dismisses modern music, he's the one that misses out!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

PlacidCasual

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 04:10:08 pm »
Ohhh... R.I.P. Peely.  The man who would one minute play a Happy Hardcore Bonkers record followed by some obscure banjo song from the 1920's, then a death metal band from denmark, he truly did have an open mind!
I have the utmost respect for him.

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 04:22:28 pm »
Ahoy!

Amen to that; RIP John Peel.  Listening to his show was always an eye-opener (or should that be ear-opener?) he really did appreciate every genre of music!  I have the utmost respect for him too!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton