Author Topic: Derby Show  (Read 16431 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Derby Show
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »
Wow, Wednesdays gig might even be the best i've ever been to.  Me and 2 mates drove all way down from Edinburgh and stayed over in Derby

I'd mostly seen cable play as support to other bands in the past (think i saw them as headliners just once) so for me it was great to see them headline a gig with a room full of people appreciating them, or totally loving them to be precise.  I thought they played tight and pretty much note perfect, amazing given the limited rehearsals.  By the way, Richies drumming blew me away as always!
Was good to have a wee chat with Pete beforehand, he ended up standing next to me so thought what the heck, think he was a little nervous (i don't blame him) but was good to see him smiling quick enough into the set.  I too am usually a stand back with drink in hand sort these days but i became 17 again and jumped around like a numpty the whole set, first time i've done so in years.  The crowd were brilliant, friendly lot and i came home liking the derby folk.

Great range of songs played (my missing song was ultra violet, the first song that got me into cable) but there was always going to be other songs people wanted to hear.

Manchester last night was also good, although did we miss a song due to the technical difficulties?  Looks like Matt had to soldier on with a guitar not set up correctly or loud enough, could see him keep telling the sound guys to turn it up.   Regardless, it was another well received set and so glad i stuck around for it.

Oh and yes the cd, only heard it in the car so far and v glad i bought it because basically it is much better quality alternate versions of demos many of us already have,  so to now have them in a listenable quality was worth every penny.

Thanks for that cable!

martin_lindau

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Derby Show
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 05:19:12 pm »
Thanks for the kind comments Blucactus. That was my bass drum that was trying to run off the stage, I think she was a bit nervous.

It's been a crazy few days, I went to all 4 gigs. Feel completely burnt out now!

I feel dead weird now that it's all over. It's not often than something you've dreamed of happening for years actually happens!