Author Topic: Pubs in Derby  (Read 8986 times)

mogwai

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Pubs in Derby
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »
Hi forumites.

As myself and mates journeying up from NW Kent will have a few hours to kill before the gig of the decade (oooh, i can't wait) i was wondering if any of you local Cable fans would be kind enough to give me the lowdown on the pubs worth frequenting/avoiding and any worthwhile eateries in and around the Abbey Street/Macklin Street area?

Thanks.

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: Pubs in Derby
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:39:14 am »
Wish i could help but i'm making the journey up myself from Portsmouth, in hindsight we should have arranged a sublingual forum members meet up in a local pub.
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »
there isn't really much around macklin street/abbey street unless you're after a kebab after hours. I'd recommend The Frairy, it is a scream pub on ashbourne road. You can walk to the venue in about 5 minutes from it.

Does anyone know what time cable will be on Saturday? I'm going for some grub near tower bridge before and just planning what time to have it to make the set

martin_lindau

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:59:18 am »
There's a nice little pub called Ye Olde Spar Inn further up Abbey Street, as you are walking away from The Venue.

If you venture further into town, the Dolphin is nice. There's a couple of Weatherspoons too, The Babbington Arms and The Standing Order...

Also if you're getting the train, The Brunswick, near the station is a super nice real ale pub...

dandandan

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 06:18:15 pm »
Best pub in Derby is the Greyhound on Friar gate, about a 15 min walk from the venue. If you're after somewhere a bit closer then Bar One's a good 'un too and only round the corner. Think we'll be having a cheap couple in the hound prior to the gig.