Author Topic: Vertigo  (Read 13576 times)

colderclimate

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Vertigo
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »
A silly question, but I picked up the 7" of Arthur Walker all those years ago and, not having a record player, had a friend rip it to MP3 for me.. all these years later it's still one of my favourite songs of theirs (and seeing it in London last month was a bloody treat) but having listened to the demo from the Rarities CD, I'm not 100% my friend put the 7" on at the right speed.. is the final version that much faster than the demo??

Tim

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: Vertigo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:14:52 am »
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

SL1210

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:18:22 am »
The 7" version is a little bit faster than the demo and clocks in at 03:40, what does your rip clock in at? One of my favourite Cable songs as well.

martin_lindau

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:55:48 am »
This seems like an appropriate time to bring this out - http://younogodie.bandcamp.com/track/vertigo-cable-cover

This was one of my old bands. The guy that put the covers album out was a bit of a nob and wasn't interested because he didn't consider us to be well known enough. Seems like a shame now considering some of the complete toss on that album. I hope he reads these forums.