Author Topic: Get your missing John Peel sessions here + plus rare demos  (Read 46891 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Get your missing John Peel sessions here + plus rare demos
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »
Removed to respect bands wishes.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:34:41 pm by PlacidCasual »

knifetotheeye

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Get your missing John Peel sessions here + plus rare demos
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:06 am »
You absolute beauty - thanks a lot!

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »
Awesome stuff but the Phoenix Festival stuff is actually from the bands set at the Reading festival
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:59:13 pm »
Thanks Damon, i've updated the folder.  No idea why i thought it was phoenix!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »
No probs man, thanks for the awesome post. I was at Reading that year and only found out Cable had played a while after i got home, the set sounded ace and i'm still gutted i missed that

knifetotheeye

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 11:49:52 am »
Funnily enough Reading 95 was when I discovered Cable!

Si

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:27:12 am »
Reading 95, same here, I heard them playing Hydra from some was off and was drawn to them. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

knifetotheeye

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:28 am »
Reading '95 - now THAT was a festival. *Eyes glaze over with nostalgia*

I was massively into Marvel comics (specifically the X-Men) back in the 90's and my favourite character at the time was called Cable, so I figured I had to check this band out when I saw the line up - pretty good decision in hindsight!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:54 am »
95 was just a great year for Reading. I was 16, drunk and pretty stoned for most of it but i saw Juliana Hatfield, Deus, Beck, Pavement, White Zombie, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Neil Young (whose backing band was Pearl Jam if i remember correctly?) Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day (before they turned into U2) and the Foo Fighters (back when they were still a band i didn't hate) oh and Eddie Izzard

1996 was perhaps even better as i saw Weezer, Rage Against The Machine, Rocket From The Crypt, Urusei Yatsura, The Butthole Surfers AND Sonic Youth!!!

Musically speaking they were probably the best two years of my life
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:18:31 am by Damon »

knifetotheeye

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 03:12:19 pm »
Haha I was the opposite, behaved myself '95 but don't really have any memory of Reading '96 due to being incredibly drunk the entire time :(

daryltaylor

• God Gave Me Gravity
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 11:44:18 pm »
Hi there and thanx for the Cable songs, every time i try to download them it says i need an account to get them. Is there any way i can get round this?

Thanx.

Daryl.

knifetotheeye

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:41 am »
I used mailinator.com - it doesn't even actually need you to read the email so I guess you could just make something up or put an address of someone you don't like in there ;)

PlacidCasual

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:31:34 am »
Hi Daryl,

I didn't realsie that, to be honest i wasn't sure which hosts were best to use as i don't often upload files.  That is a pain as i can see now it makes you pay to be able to join for downloading.  Any recommendations where i can re-upload them for FREE downloading?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:36:15 am by PlacidCasual »

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 07:31:13 pm »
You don't pay when using 4shared, it just means having to download them one mp3 at a time and registering an account with them. Mediafire is great but since the whole SOPA thing files are quickly taken down if they aren't anything except your own music that you wrote and own (and even then they still can and do get removed) I lost all my files on mediafire which is annoying as i wrote all the music that i had uploaded, i quickly learned that bandcamp is the way forward.

Mediafire requires no sign up and anyone can use it but be warned none of the file sharing sites are all that reliable or great anymore as apparently the music industry owns all music in the world including yours and mine and they will have anything removed without any notice if they don't think that you should be sharing it

In short and the music industry is an evil, corporate, cock sucking, money grubbing, antiquated, motherfuck and here is a link to mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/

Hail Satan!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 10:47:27 am »
Thanks, so one file at a time it is for now on 4 shared which is better than nothing.

I will put them onto mediafire later though to make it easier for you's to download them a folder at a time.  I'd be surprised if anyone took offence at some non album cable tracks being uploaded to mediafire unless their ex manager spots them late one night when he's on a lonely mid week bender by himself, shortly after throwing up all over his living room and not cleaning it until a week later becasue thats the kind of sick cunt he is.