Author Topic: Cable headlining Derby Gig on the Wednesday  (Read 37205 times)

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cable headlining Derby Gig on the Wednesday
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 06:34:23 pm »
Thanks man, that's awesome!

I'm going to the first london show but couldn't pass up the chance to see them play a headline gig ... and stock up on more merch. The drive won't be all that fun but seeing Cable twice after all these years should make up for it

I'm making a similarly lengthy journey from Edinburgh but will be totally worth it!  Then it's back up to Edinburgh and down again to Manchester  2 days later.  Can't think of many / if any bands i would be this arsed to make such an effort to see!

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 12:15:43 pm »
Even though it will be a bit of a nightmare and mean crashing in a hotel for the evening it will be pretty rad to see the band play a headliner.

By the way, seeing as i'll have time to kill the day after, is there anything to see/do in Derby? I haven't been there in years and thought i'd spend some time there before the looonnngggg drive back
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

daryltaylor

• God Gave Me Gravity
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 01:48:52 pm »
Think were booked into a Travel Inn or something, about a mile away but dont care as it's gonna be amazing!

BoXofSlicE

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 08:54:28 pm »
I'll be driving up from Portsmouth for this one (seemed like it should be done) where's a good place to stay in Derby,  hotel, b&b-wise that's with luck not too far from the venue?

Anywhere on Macklin Street would probably be best for you, just round the corner from the venue.
Try http://www.rangemoorparkhotel.co.uk/rooms.htm - Rangemoor Park Hotel or
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187048-d193447-Reviews-Metro_Inns_Derby-Derby_Derbyshire_England.html - Heritage Hotel.

Can't say I've stayed in either though given that I live here!

I wouldn't stay in either of these. I think the pictures say it all. Best bet price wise for that date is either Hallmark Inn or The Stuart Hotel. Close to the train station but Derby city centre is not massive you may want to get a taxi, you can walk it in 20.

Things to do during the day?? Get hammered in town. There is not much else to do on a Wednesday.

martin_lindau

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 02:50:51 pm »
Quad is probably worth a look Damon, not sure what will be on at the time though - http://www.derbyquad.co.uk/

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 11:19:44 am »
I clicked on the quad link and the first thing i saw was the Men In Black 3 advert, it would seem this one will star Will Smith and an reanimated corpse (Tommy Lee Jones got old!!!)

Cheers for the ideas though, hotel help was much appreciated

knifetotheeye

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 09:25:08 am »
I'll be driving up from Portsmouth for this one (seemed like it should be done)

Really? Me too! Other than me and a couple of friends I didn't think there were any Pompey Cable fans.

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:11 am »
Your in Portsmouth? small world. To be honest i wasn't born here, i just always worked in town and all my friends live in southsea so it became my spiritual home. Just moved into pompey for the first time about 3 weeks ago. Weirdly if you ever listen to Express FM you'll eventually hear the trail for the show i co-present which (funnily enough) features Song 1 in it

mogwai

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 09:02:28 pm »
Tickets for this bought as soon as they went on sale, overnight booked soon after and now travel (from SE London/NW Kent) sorted.....can't bloody wait! pity that the headline isn't last though.

So, that's Derby with a couple of mates on the Wednesday, The Coronet with three of my Daughters (one of who was with me as a 15 year old at the farewell at Dingwalls) and The Forum with mates on the Saturday. The misses isn't too happy but understands that........IT'S CABLE!!!

bluecactus

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 12:19:38 am »
Anyone noticed any confusion over dates for this gig? The Cable facebook page says it's Tuesday 20th, on the events page, anyway, but not on the main page. And I think they have a Hundred Reasons gig listed for the Wednesday. Hope no one gets confused!

nav

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 03:27:56 pm »
anyone know how many tickets have actually been sold for the gig?

Greg

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 04:07:18 pm »
See everyone tomorrow.

knifetotheeye

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »
Tomorrow! Woo-Hoo!

Think this'll either be my 18th or 19th Cable show (my memory ain't the greatest!) and as I'm doing a sickie to attend I can't say 'I'm attending' on Facebook, can't check in, can't tweet, nothing, so have to vent my excitement here a little instead of rubbing my friends faces in it ;)

nicof

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 06:19:35 am »
I honestly can't sleep... It is just like Christmas Eve.

Some one wake me up before the first track, yeah?

thisaresealclub

• Novice Member
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 08:14:03 am »
anyone know ticket situation on the door, and/or, if any of the previously mentioned superfluous tickets still need a good home? have dollar.

ta.