Author Topic: 1000 visits  (Read 16472 times)

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
1000 visits
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:36:25 pm »
Today this site received its thousandth visitor, I never expected it to be so popular so quickly and wanted to thank you all for your support and contributions. Having received a couple of e-mails from Darius over the last couple of days and spoken to Pete at length over the last few months its really nice to know that the band members themselves like the site.

I am receiving demos, live tracks, video and pictures daily and very soon the site will grow even more. Thank you to all the people who are very kindly donating stuff to the site and to the people who keep returning and posting in the forums.

Thank you all for your support

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 1000 visits
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:20:25 pm »
Hell Yeah, this site is almost as good as Cable reforming. In seven days 1000 people have looked at this site. If these guys got back together they'd sellout everywhere!!! 

Look forward to see whats put up next on the site. Has Matt Bagguley had alook yet?

Have great week

Greg.

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 01:19:31 pm »
Ahoy!

Congrats on the 1000th visitor!  I'm sure the site will keep growing and growing as word spreads!

I've just got a couple of ideas:

I'm not very technologically minded, but is there a way to make sure that if people search for Cable on google or whatever then this site is the first result they get back?  I just tried putting "Cable Sublingual" in google and this site is on the second page so people may not find it.  Like I say, I'm not great at this technology lark but if somehow this was the first site to come up in searches then the site might get even more visitors?

Also, would it be worth adding the link to the website to the 'External Links' part of the "Cable (band)" page on Wikipedia?

Anyways, just a couple of ideas I thought of - feel free to ignore them!  Thanks for putting this great site and forum together.

Cheers,

Corporate_Automaton

Sully

• Novice Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:10:45 pm »
I was having difficulty finding anything about Cable anywhere on the net til i found the link to this place through the drowned in sound site so they are some good ideas there Corporate_Automaton.

Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:04:45 am »
Well where to start...

... I've been looking for Cable info for years on-line, I nearly gave up I must admit.

Now I'm here I feel I have years of drivvle to get off my chest.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a massive Cable fan. When I was 15 in 1998 I did a week's Work Experience for Infectious records. During said time, I fell in love with Cable's music. During the time I was there I was lucky that it coincided with Cable supporting Symposium at the London Kentish Forum, which I was lucky enough to attend alongside all the Record company people (Nigel Adams, Pat Carr, Craig Gentle, etc..). Spent a lovely night under the influence with Matt and the band - all fantastic people.

Thank you for this this magnificent tool. I too have been searching for lyrics for ages, and I am fully behind any kind of reform, I'd love to see them again, if just for God Gave Me Gravity (the violent open strung bits by Matt on the "Doesn't mean you'll get it right" bit I always remember was fantastic) and, furthermore, I'd pay good money and travel good miles to see it.

A wonderful, wonderful band that make you think. I still think "When Animals Attack" is the best thinkers album. Awesome. Well done all involved with this site, I'm sure we'll chat soon.

P.s. I spent ages looking for one of the "Drum n' bass" t-shirts on-line, which I regret never buying. If anyone fancies selling me one, let me know!!!

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:22:34 am »
Hey Dan!

Welcome to Sublingual

I can?t help you out with the drum n bass t-shirt although I do have a SubLingual tour t-shirt signed by Matt hanging in my wardrobe, everyone here is aces and really friendly. Look around and make yourself at home, the site is growing by the day but it?s the forum that?s the heart of the site.

Look forward to chatting more

Damon! (evil mastermind/moderator)   

PlacidCasual

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 09:58:59 am »
I have one of those drum n bass tshirts, its well worn though, like holes in it, the prints cracked and  its shrunk to about half its original size, its looking quite old and sorry now.  I forgot i even had it till i saw you mention that. 

Greg

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 10:50:25 am »
Wow over 2000 people now. I wish I had one of those Whisper Firing Line T-shirts. Everytime I tryed to get one they'ed soldout!

Hope everyone's well :)

Greg.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:14:04 pm by Greg »

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 10:56:47 am »
Ahoy, Dan!

So you did your work experience at Infectious?  That must have been sweet!

I agree with you - I would pay good money and travel good miles too to see any future Cable gigs.  I've already decided that if Cable do reform and tour I'll try to go to every single date.

If there are any songs that you really want the lyrics for, go and stick a request in the lyrics thread - I'm sure someone will be able to fulfil your request (probably Damon - he is uncannily good at working out the lyrics!).  Or, you could post some lyrics yourself - there are still plenty of songs we haven't got lyrics for!

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 01:01:14 am »
Well in very little time we have now had over 3000 visits, thank you all so much for your support and for making this site continue to grow (the forum is the heart of the site and is growing in posts and members daily)

There is so much more being added to the site so keep checking back

Damon

ChrisH

• the artist formally known as Gojonnygogogogo
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 07:03:50 pm »
Hi guys.Fantastic site (as i've posted elsewhere numerous times!) Apologies for taking over and posting in every thread but it's so good to see people are here in 2006 still talking about Cable!! Whether they ever do or don't reform, it's just so cool to know people still care about them as much as me and my friends still do!

Good work guys, i have lots of Demos, videos, live perofmances etc etc i'd be happy to share if you need anything!

Cheers,

Chris  ;D

Damon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 12:09:07 am »
Hey! Glad you like the site, we have our own Cable shaped piece of the web here to congregate in so pull up a PC and make yourself comfy

Damon