Author Topic: That elusive 1996 Peel session!?  (Read 13708 times)

Exidor

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
That elusive 1996 Peel session!?
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:39:47 am »
Does anyone actually have a copy of this? It's been the hole in my collection for bloody years. I've given up hope of ever hearing it (again).

Cheers in advance to anyone who may know anything about it's where-abouts!

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: That elusive 1996 Peel session!?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:35:00 pm »
I think there used to be links to a whole bunch of peel sessions on this site, although i can't see them any more.  Not sure if the one you are after was amongst them but i have a feeling it might have along with some demos.  I'm sure damo or another member would have copies still.  Unfortunately i lost mines when a harddrive died.

essjaybee

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »
Hey Exidor

I think I may have a copy of the Peel session? I have 3 CDs full of rare stuff, B-sides, Live stuff and other bits n bobs...I can sort you a copy if you'd like? And anyone else if you're interested? All in favour say "CABLE"

PlacidCasual

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 03:57:00 pm »
CABLE!

Hey essjaybee, if it wasn't so much trouble for you to have them uploaded somewhere id love to have a copy of some of these again.

essjaybee

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:07:57 am »
I've uploaded them to a site and sent you an email Placidcasual through this site, all ready to go...

Greg

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »
I'd really like to get hold of a Cable song called 'Midget'.

Someone on here sent it to me a few years a go but a I lost the file when I got a new computer.  :(

Think its one of my favorite Cable songs ever. I remember them playing is at every gig since the loft Christmas show!

Can anyone help?

Best,

G

PlacidCasual

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:02:14 pm »
Alright Greg,

I doubt essjaybee would mind if i sent you the links where he has kindly uploaded the demos and unreleased tracks to.  I'd heard some of them before i lost all my cable rarities but there is also a bunch of demos of tracks from all 3 albums and even demos of some of the bsides that i personally hadn't heard before.  It is interesting to hear them in a less produced state.

Only problem is the files are not named (as steven put it to me, each track is a surprise!) and unless you have a pro account with mediafire where they are hosted you will need to download them one by one, entering a verification code each time but it was worth it!  Im pretty sure midget is amongst them.

Let me know and il send you the links.

Im still hoping to gain some of the peel sessions, i think had most of them at one point but not them all.  There are a few peelies  amongst the links steven sent, but not many.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:04:26 pm by PlacidCasual »

Greg

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 12:30:29 am »
Wow, that sounds amazing.

I keep banging on about the demos!

G.

essjaybee

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 10:33:51 am »
Hey guys,

Feel free to pass the links around and if anyone wants me to email them on just give me a shout. Like Placidcasual says, there are no track names which is a bit of a pain :-\

Just for my own info, what does midget sound like....lyrically that is??

SJB

jake74

• System Error
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:32:34 pm »
If one of you guys'd be kind enough to send me any links, I'd like to fill in holes in my collection, and if I have any material you don't, I'll pass it on.
@jake74

nuclear

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 05:51:45 pm »
I'd also be very grateful if someone would be willing to share. Thanks!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 05:27:09 pm »
Hi Jake and nuclear, let me see if i can compile some links for you when i have a moment.  Just had a kid so time is tight but i'l do my best to get something to you's in the next while!